Ondemand vs Interactive vs Hotplug

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
No lockups here when screen off been running faux kernels which incorporate the hot plug at least screen off part

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

You running 350/1200 with hot plug? Even when I kicked mine up to 700/1200 I'd lock up right around 53% battery every day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running 350-1350 not the hotplug governor... I am running Interactive governor which my understanding is that Faux has built in the hotplug functionality at least for screen off... no lockups...

Oh I see. So you aren't running the hotplug governor. You're running the interactive governor in which Faux incorporated hot plug behavior when the screen is off? That makes sense then. No wonder you haven't had lock ups. All my lock ups with the hot plug have been with the screen on. I might have to give his kernel a shot then. Although, Lean Kernel's treating me pretty right. Over 3 hours screen on time and 13 hours of life.

captdroid

Reaction score
Oh I see. So you aren't running the hotplug governor. You're running the interactive governor in which Faux incorporated hot plug behavior when the screen is off? That makes sense then. No wonder you haven't had lock ups. All my lock ups with the hot plug have been with the screen on. I might have to give his kernel a shot then. Although, Lean Kernel's treating me pretty right. Over 3 hours screen on time and 13 hours of life.

Yup that's it :biggrin: I am running Faux kernels 1. because he has a 4.0.2 kernel that works perfectly with stock ROM and 2. I like is development approach and 3. I seem to get very good battery life and 4. the latest kernels by Faux seem very stable and smooth and 5. he fixes things very quickly... and so on :)

captdroid

Reaction score
Hmm, none of you guys tried "franco Turtle" kernel's? Version 15.1 just released! :biggrin:

Not I... that kernel will only work with 4.0.3 ROM... I still running stock 4.0.2 ROM for now :biggrin: Maybe sometime but I really do like Faux kernels... seems like a very careful dev...

chewy74

Reaction score
I'm running lean kernel on hot plug at 1200/350 and only got 1 lockup.

Pretty good battery life.

Reaction score
Check this out, he's on franco's kernel...

1.jpg2.jpg

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
^lol. he charged 2 times during that period. look at those HUGE drops with screen on and then a short charge. that is not a full charge use....just an observation

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what the, he was kidding?

Just looking at the graph I can tell you for sure he charged 2 times maybe more if you count actually plugging in. For sure though...at least 2 prolonged charges.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
He charged from around 12% up to about 55%.....used it again down to about 28%....charged to ~60% .

The time counter doesn't reset until a charge is almost full. That's hopefully not a claim by someone stating over 24 hours on a charge