On Screen Permanent Buttons and LED

Tuna61

Reaction score
In the notes for noled it tells you to hit the home key to wake the phone when you have a notification by default....just to let you know. I like it myself...i really think its cool they utilized the light sensor to not light up your screen if your phone is in the dark. ie..your pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

sparks3229

Reaction score
I use Missed Message Flasher Free. It works well enough for me...basic, but does the job. I had read here that NoLed freezes or is a battery drain...don't need any of that. I am so new to Android and smartphones, that this app lets me know if I have a text message that I missed. That's all I need. I think it lets me know of a missed call too, but...I hardly get calls...mostly texts! Sad state of affairs, huh? Texting now...no speaking!

Schoat333

Reaction score
Good info, but if I change the bottom icons including the "Applications" icon, how can I get to my applications?
I didn't see an answer to this question. It will not let you remove the applications icon, only move its location on the dockbar.

Last edited:

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
there is a way to do this but for the life of me i cant remember how.
i deleted it by mistake before...having a total brain fart on how i got it back...

tfree013

Reaction score
Highly recommend launcher pro. You can customize all home screen buttons also many other cool features

Trip3601211

Reaction score
No led light???

Got my charge the other day in the mail from an ebayer. Was set to factory settings. All seems well on the phone, even verizon thought so when I went to switch my DX to this. Now I've only JUST now noticed that when I get a message, No LED flash??? very odd. Anyone else have this problem. Any suggestions/solutions??? Thanks!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Unfortunately, that is the one downside to this phone... no led flash. Why Samsung neglected that is beyond me.

You can try some screen flash apps from the market... they will flash the screen when you get text, email, etc. There are noti, missed message flash, etc.

GatosGal

Reaction score
To change the permanent buttons on the bottom just hit the app menu on the bottom right. Then hit the menu button. Select edit. Now you can long press an icon and drag it to the bottom bar.

Excellent! I don't do messaging, and that starting to annoy me. Now i have Gmail down on the bottom strip. I'm a happy camper...:)