OmniOutliner on Droid

allenbirnbach

Reaction score
I use OmniOutliner on my Mac to keep track of things to do. I contacted them to see if they have an app for the Droid, and they do not.

Can anyone recommend a program that works on my mac and also has an app for the Droid so I can synch my To Do list in both places?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use OmniOutliner on my Mac to keep track of things to do. I contacted them to see if they have an app for the Droid, and they do not.

Can anyone recommend a program that works on my mac and also has an app for the Droid so I can synch my To Do list in both places?

I have a Mac but I wasn't sure what OmniOutliner was so I googled it. Now that I have an idea what it is I don't know if any program out there will work with it.

You might look at the Missing Sync. I very rarely recommend this program but it could be what you need for something like this and an Android OS.

OP
A

allenbirnbach

Reaction score
Sorry if I wasn't clear that OmniOutliner is a program for tracking projects. At one point, it was bundled with the Mac OS system, and I've continued to use it because it is so easy to use.

I just use it for my To Do List.

bhall408

Reaction score

I use OmniOutliner myself -- great app! (Also use a few of the other Omni apps)

As to a task app that will sync between Droid and Mac, at Mark/Space we're working on an Android version of Fliq Tasks (we have previously done versions for iPhone and Palm Pre). Once done, that will sync tasks back to sync services, which in turn will appear in iCal, or other apps (such as Entourage) that support sync services. On the PC side, we will sync to Outlook.

Right now we're working on notes, and when that is done, tasks is next.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Frustrating! I have a mac too and I used to use things on my Mac and iPod Touch for to do. Unfortunately I'm not so sure they're ever going to make an android version. I'm afraid this might also be true of OmniOutliner. Omni cater's mainly to the mac.

So far I've found that Astrid+Remember the Milk Syncing to be working really well. Not Perfect and certainly not as "visually" stimulating as some Mac apps are but it works for the time being :)

OP
A

allenbirnbach

Reaction score
at Mark/Space we're working on an Android version of Fliq Tasks (we have previously done versions for iPhone and Palm Pre). Once done, that will sync tasks back to sync services, which in turn will appear in iCal, or other apps (such as Entourage) that support sync services. On the PC side, we will sync to Outlook.

I looked at the information on the website about the app for the iphone. I'm not clear about one thing. Will the app be a standalone program I can open on my desktop, like OmniOutliner, or will it only work through iCal?

Any idea of how long before you have the product ready? Thanks.

OP
A

allenbirnbach

Reaction score
So far I've found that Astrid+Remember the Milk Syncing to be working really well. Not Perfect and certainly not as "visually" stimulating as some Mac apps are but it works for the time being :)

I found a link to Remember the Milk. Do I understand correctly that this is a web-based organizer? Can you work offline on the program on your computer and then sync to the website, or is it only online? Also, I could not find info on Astrid. Could you tell me what that is and provide a link?

bhall408

Reaction score
at Mark/Space we're working on an Android version of Fliq Tasks (we have previously done versions for iPhone and Palm Pre). Once done, that will sync tasks back to sync services, which in turn will appear in iCal, or other apps (such as Entourage) that support sync services. On the PC side, we will sync to Outlook.

I looked at the information on the website about the app for the iphone. I'm not clear about one thing. Will the app be a standalone program I can open on my desktop, like OmniOutliner, or will it only work through iCal?

Any idea of how long before you have the product ready? Thanks.

In some cases, we write our own desktop apps. That is what we did for Call Log, SMS, and Notes. In the case of Tasks, at least initially you will use iCal (or Entourage) on the Mac, and Outlook on the PC. In the future we may end up writing our own desktop apps as well, as we do get requests for that (more on the Mac side where people would prefer an alternative to iCal).

As to timing... As I mentioned, we are doing Fliq Notes at the moment. Fliq Tasks will start right after that is done.

slinky

Reaction score
Toodledo is by far a better outliner than all of those mentioned. It's just not as pretty. I found an amazing droid app called Got To Do which syncs with it. It's really pretty and does a fantastic job of doing GTD with Toodledo. I used to use something called Bonsai on the Palm that was great and ToDo Matrix on the Blackberry that toasted most elsewhere and trumps most.