OMG what did I do PLEASE HELP

gweeto

Reaction score
whats up droid forums,

I would like to say Im a total noob when it comes to this I just got a motorola droid a week ago ...
I have a problem on my hands I downloaded cyanogenmod-6.1.2-droid
for my motorola droid last night and I thought I had a backup (how do I find out if I have a backup).So after installing cyanogenmod-6.1.2-droid the phone boots up and droid market was gone so I tried to go into rom manager and "flash clockworkmod recovery" and I get this as a error "error while downloading from server. please make sure that you have a stable internet connection,and that you sd card is inserted and has free space" I have wifi and 3g connection, sd card is inserted and 14.gb of free space. how do I restore my phone back to stock ?????

J

Johnly

What searched threads have you learned first? Never mind 400 post mod.

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
I've been in and out of tons of threads looking for some kind of awnsers been searching for hours and

mr_silent

Reaction score
Try holding x and power buttons to boot into recovery.Your phone will have to be off first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
I've tried that acouple of times now i went into recovery and tried to do a full wipe and cyanogenmod is still on my phone !!?? any other ideas ?? where do i find my back up folder? can i delete the back up folder?

qkpony

Reaction score
When you flashed the rom did you do it through rom manager? If so when you boot by holding x in the recovery there should be an option that says nandroid your backup will be in there if you have one.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rlfitz

Reaction score
sounds like you just have to load the Google app pack to the CM6 rom you have. I have never used Rom manager so I am not sure how you would have to do it. I use SPrecovery. I think it is a different procedure you have to follow.
That Cyanogen rom you tried is a good one. I used it for a long time. Just Make sure you read up on alot of different threads. start with the links people have in their sigs. they are the most helpful ones to read. Get some solid information on roms and nandroid back ups and rom manager before you do any more changes to the phone and cause a situation that cant be fixed.
If you still have a functioning cm6 on your phone , just add the Google app pack (Gapps) for your phone. It will be on the same site you got the rom from. Good luck

you have 2 threads going with the same topic?

Last edited:
OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
to tell you the truth I dont know how exactly I flashed it I wish I did.. and I have tried the gapps for my and they dont install

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Then do the cyanogenmod-6.1.2-droid install with Gapps again.

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
at this point i just want the phone back to stock and never touch it again !!
can I delete the back up in my phone ??

chalie1980

Reaction score
Yes you can delete the back up of your stock rom, but if you look around here there are zip files to get it back to stock, just look around

OP
G

gweeto

Reaction score
I got my phone back!!! restored back to stock thanks to unroot_update.zip I would like to try again with cyanogenmod what is the easiest way to get on phone ??rsd lite?