OG Droid versus Galaxus Nexus Showdown.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
droid-vs-nexus7.jpg

Droid-Life

When one of our readers requested that we run a comparison of the original Motorola DROID to the brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus, we thought, “What a fantastic idea.” With the amount of people that have been hanging on to their OG for dear life with hopes that something of this magnitude would arrive, this is sure to help make the transition much easier. Or at the very least, show the world how far we have come in 2 short years. Remember when the DROID was about as top-of-the-line as you could get? Well folks, the Galaxy Nexus is where it’s at now – we cannot wait for long time OG owners to experience next-gen technology like this. When Verizon does finally release it (end of next week looking better by the minute), we have a feeling that your mind will be blown.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus vs. Original Motorola DROID – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Why did they think comparing a 2 generation old phone with a new one was a good idea??

"Stay classy interwebz"

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Because their poll showed that a huge majority of people looking to upgrade to the Nexus still had the original Droid.

It wasn't to prove how "awesome" the Nexus was, was just an informative comparison.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Because their poll showed that a huge majority of people looking to upgrade to the Nexus still had the original Droid.

It wasn't to prove how "awesome" the Nexus was, was just an informative comparison.

Its kind of like comparing a model T to a 49 Ford. There is no comparison. But anyways....people always like comparing apples and oranges for posterity.

"Stay classy interwebz"

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I have to agree, this one's a no brain-er. It's like comparing Snooki to Megan Fox.

doublea500

Reaction score
I have to agree, this one's a no brain-er. It's like comparing Snooki to Megan Fox.

how dare you call my phone a snooki! its like comparing a tank to a racecar. the tank is slow but will get you safely where you want to go. may even blow up a few things and cause them not to respond and the racecar. the racecar is spelled the same way it is forwards as its backwards. Thats all you need to know about it.

techRob

Reaction score
I was happy to see the comparison for the very reason that I'm leaving my OG behind for a new phone. I'm not as concerned with how the Nexus is compared to the Razr - why? because that's been done. I want to know how these new phones compare to what i'm used to :) ...yes, hardware is better, but physical size makes a difference; the cameras make a difference, etc.. etc.. :p

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
how dare you call my phone a snooki! its like comparing a tank to a racecar. the tank is slow but will get you safely where you want to go. may even blow up a few things and cause them not to respond and the racecar. the racecar is spelled the same way it is forwards as its backwards. Thats all you need to know about it.

Snooki want smush-smush. Lmao!

I wasn't calling the OG a Snooki but the concept of comparing the OG to the G-Nex is the same as my comparison. :D

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its kind of like comparing a model T to a 49 Ford. There is no comparison. But anyways....people always like comparing apples and oranges for posterity.

"Stay classy interwebz"

You still don't seem to understand why they did it, it's a spoof piece for original Droid owners because they asked DL to compare them.

Every comparison doesn't have to have great meaning for it to be relevant.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You still don't seem to understand why they did it, it's a spoof piece for original Droid owners because they asked DL to compare them.

Every comparison doesn't have to have great meaning for it to be relevant.

I understand why they did it. I just don't agree with the point of it. That's all. My opinion doesn't mean a lack of understanding.

"Stay classy interwebz"

Phenom Z

Reaction score
I understand why they did it. I just don't agree with the point of it. That's all. My opinion doesn't mean a lack of understanding.

"Stay classy interwebz"
Has this comparison in some way offended you? Has it killed your dog? Did it set the rotation of the Earth off by a few degrees?

Look bud, loosen up :) It's just a fun comparo for those customers who are upgrading from an OG Droid to a Galaxy Nexus. The point is to show those owners what the differences in the phones look like on paper.