OG Droid Incredible Will Soon Receive Gingerbread Update 2.3.4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-incredible-gingerbread.jpg

It looks like HTC has confirmed not only that the OG Droid Incredible will get Gingerbread, but it will get the newest version, 2.3.4, and it will happen pretty soon. Support documents have already been arriving on Verizon website, and the update is supposedly finished, so it should be happening with the next couple of days at the latest. There is good word that the phone is extra fast and stable with the newest version of Gingerbread, which is unsurprising, but welcome news. Let us know in this thread when you start seeing your update.

Source: IncredibleForum.com via VZW

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Shouldn't use "OG" in any context except for when referring to the Droid 1.

X2... I saw OG, Droid, and Gingerbread in the same sentence and clicked before I saw the Incredible part

Snow02

Reaction score
X2... I saw OG, Droid, and Gingerbread in the same sentence and clicked before I saw the Incredible part

Lol. You should only use X2 in reference to the the Droid X2. You should have used +1 instead. ;)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just don't get the whole "OG" nomenclature in the first place. Just call it Moto Droid or Droid. There's no other device with that name.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath! We had the same info for the D2G. Instruction on verizons website on how do get the gingerbread update. But it never came but they said soon and that was months ago.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

illmatic636

Reaction score
Not feeling the Dinc being refered to as OG Droid Inc. That name should only be for the A855. :angry:

:D

paulhusker

Reaction score
So OG means original, correct? This is for the first Droid Incredible, correct?

Thanks for forgiving my newbiness! :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
We could also go with D1 or OD - Original Droid.. OG seems to be the overall fav though!:motdroidvert:

drtnsnw

Reaction score
So how long will it take to get the update for my rooted phone without going back??? Don't want to give up root!

Chris

Markster1

Reaction score
Do you think I'll be able to get it even tho I don't have my incredible on a plan anymore with verizon, I upgraded to the incred 2?

Sent from my Incredible 2

Snow02

Reaction score
Do you think I'll be able to get it even tho I don't have my incredible on a plan anymore with verizon, I upgraded to the incred 2?

Sent from my Incredible 2

Yeah, you'll be able to pull it over wifi.