Official - I have picked up my Moto Z Device!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Sound off in the thread below once you have received your Moto Z (either the standard unit or the Force)...let us know what persuaded you to pick up the device you did and what are your initial thoughts!

K1K

Reaction score
Just got the Z force. So far I like it. Not quite as loaded with junk apps as the galaxy was. It's fast as hell, battery seems good so far.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just got the Z force. So far I like it. Not quite as loaded with junk apps as the galaxy was. It's fast as hell, battery seems good so far.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Congrats! Keep us posted on your thoughts

6S PLUS

TwoBuells

Reaction score
picked up my Moto Z today and the JBL speaker, I like it, very fast. I need to find a case. very thin and it can slip out of your hand easily. but coming from a 4 year old Razr M, its really fast.
Any root apps out there yet?

Playing some music with the JBL moto mod speaker, I had the phone on charge, it will charge the phone first then the speaker. And the pull down will tell you how much battery is left in speaker.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Got mine earlier today... Very impressed with the device.

The fingerprint sensor is crazy good (best that I've had on an Android)...

Currently using the battery mod made by Tumi that has wireless charging - certainly makes the phone a little thicker but not overwhelming IMO...

~sent while mobile~

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
A few more of my thoughts after a little over a half a day of use...I really like the battery mod - I am using it on efficiency mode which doesn't start charging the phone until it gets to about 80% and then the battery mod will keep the phone charged around 80% until the battery pack depletes, then the phone would have around 80% left.

I have auto brightness set and outside, it is a tad slow to adjust so the screen is initially hard to see but once it does adjust it is okay - not fantastic but also not terrible (for me anyway)...

I had a couple of misses on the fingerprint scanner but as soon as I wiped it off with my shirt or soft cloth, it registered as fast as it had been - so I think if someone is outside working, and the sensor gets a little dirty or even if a film builds up (oil from your finger), you will have to clean off the fingerprint sensor.

I did share a battery screenshot in the other Moto Z thread as well as a few pics I took today so far - camera overall is nice and will get the job done for sure :)...Battery life for me with moderate use has been on par to where I would hope for it to be. I do plan to go tomorrow without the battery mod / pack to get a comparison of what the battery mod adds on a typical day.

Also, on the battery mod - I will probably pick up the incipio battery mod (I think it has a soft grip back where the one I currently have is the brushed metal). With the battery mod on the phone, the phone is of course caseless - the brushed metal while is not smooth, I think I would like the soft grip a little better. Don't get me wrong, the brushed metal looks really nice :)... I do hope that someone will come out with a case idea that would cover both the battery mod and the phone but till then.... I will also add, even with the battery mod on the Droid Force it is very pocketable (either front or back)...

That is it for now :)...

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
Good luck with the phone. I should be getting mine tomorrow.:D

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Mine just arrived! I am in the midst of giving it a full charge before I activate it. There appears to be a pixelated (?) area on the bottom of the screen near the finger print reader. There is a small area that's glowing various colors about an inch from the reader. It almost looks like something was pressing hard on the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh! You got the special version. That's the glow from the miniature nuclear reactor that powers the phone. Just don't hold it too close to your head unless you either have a brain tumor you need to treat or want to grow a new brain tumor.
Is it something you see with the screen on or when the screen is dark? I see nothing like that on mine. There is a little fingerprint icon just above the reader. Is that what you're seeing?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Mine just arrived! I am in the midst of giving it a full charge before I activate it.
Wow, you make me proud. You've either read the instructions or have been a follower of me, either way you're a winner in my book.

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Mine arrived this evening, too. Plugged it in first thing. I have to say that i've never had such a thick charging cord as the one that came with the Z Force. I have to bring it in to Verizon tomorrow, to get it activated, and i'm going to get one of those Verizon bumper cases. What do i do with the extra back that came in the case?:p

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Congrats to you both!

@grunt0300 do you mean the wood grain back? If so, that's for when you're want to feel stylish lol...

~sent while mobile~

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Mine just arrived! I am in the midst of giving it a full charge before I activate it. There appears to be a pixelated (?) area on the bottom of the screen near the finger print reader. There is a small area that's glowing various colors about an inch from the reader. It almost looks like something was pressing hard on the screen. Has anyone else noticed this?
Can you get a pic with your other phone of the area in question?

~sent while mobile~

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I think that my verizon clerk has a big problem. When i went to buy the phone, i asked him if the moto z force droid came with a choice of 32 gb or 64 gb. He said that it only came in 32gb. If it does come in 64gb, then mine is going back. Can anyone confirm that the U.S. version does indeed come in a 64gb version? Thanks.:(