Official Gingerbread released !!! Congratulations to everybody !!!

ExodusC

Reaction score
Has anyone tried getting the update pushed to their phone who wasn't part of the soak test?

I'm currently running the .607 soak test update, so I would assume they're the same exactly file.

It's good we finally have Gingerbread, either way. In my opinion, this is how the phone should have launched, as it's much less buggy, smoother, and generally better overall.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Wait a few days. I tried pulling the update earlier right after I sbf'd, no die. The 4.5.607 leak is up anyways, so this doesn't really matter.

nola

Reaction score
awesome news. i know the leak was out but wanted to wait for the official. quick question: after sbf'ing will i have to do the update to .33(or whatever it was) first? or will it just do a massive update from stock to the .607 gingerbread? thanks for the help in advance!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes as I posted a couple of times on the thread, it was only a night or two, and that it would be here today or at midnight...

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

nola

Reaction score
so wait, you DID have to do the first update, and only THEN the gingerbread update became available? sorry, still a newb, and i want to make sure i do this right

lakers1005

Reaction score
hello people. i just joined this forum. i have droid 2 global running on verizon. really wanting gingerbread already. when will the OTA be available for me? i just checked device info and clicked system update and it didnt find any updates. sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
hello people. i just joined this forum. i have droid 2 global running on verizon. really wanting gingerbread already. when will the OTA be available for me? i just checked device info and clicked system update and it didnt find any updates. sorry if this is the wrong place for this question.

You should have it in system updates in settings go to about phone and hit check for updates..you must be on stock froyo and have all the bloatware running..well maybe not all, but..lol If your rooted or on another ROM...sbf..full sbf not system only..it will be waiting for you...if your 100% stock and still do not see it..you should be able to go to droidlife and dl it...or wait for the update to hit your device..sometimes it will get hung up due to their servers being bogged..lol...you won't be long...

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
awesome news. i know the leak was out but wanted to wait for the official. quick question: after sbf'ing will i have to do the update to .33(or whatever it was) first? or will it just do a massive update from stock to the .607 gingerbread? thanks for the help in advance!

Just sbf back to stock...then it should be waiting in check for updates in about phone.(in settings)

nola

Reaction score
Just sbf back to stock...then it should be waiting in check for updates in about phone.(in settings)

that's what i did, but i think it's only downloading the update to 3.3.0 or whatev, not the new gingerbread update... that's why i was curious if i have to first download the original update before the gingerbread one shows up. either way i'm sure it'll work out fine, just might take a little while

nola

Reaction score
ok so i'm updated to .330 (i think i've called it something new each time i reference it lol), and under menu>about>system updates i'm told that i'm up to date. is gingerbread actually official for our devices? aside from the pdf's in the OP, i haven't seen anything anywhere else on it...

broman77

Reaction score
I have druid 2. Global did and and still no gingerbread update

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so i'm updated to .330 (i think i've called it something new each time i reference it lol), and under menu>about>system updates i'm told that i'm up to date. is gingerbread actually official for our devices? aside from the pdf's in the OP, i haven't seen anything anywhere else on it...

Hey Nola! My ex wife, just told me she didn't get the update either..she is stock, completely...so ..the servers are just bogged..no other reason..just be patient..it won't be long!! Ok? No worries..I promise you will it before tomorrow!! Hopefully in another hour or so...as long as its public realease, so that's why its bogged down...also..try and reboot your phone too..never hurts...:)

nola

Reaction score
thanks for the encouragement bud. hopefully you're right and it'll hit within an hour or so. being back on stock makes me realize why i loved hexen so much. hope i didn't sbf for nadadancedroid

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait a few days. I tried pulling the update earlier right after I sbf'd, no die. The 4.5.607 leak is up anyways, so this doesn't really matter.

Yeah I had been on the leak months ago..it was ok..not a fan of the colors..lol Makes me want to get the Sg2 gonna be the fastest phone as always right out of the box...lol I love mine but I have to give credit to my friends SgS...his flies all over the place..instant..not even tweaked..I just convinced him to let me root it..I'm going to be getting his when he upgrades early to the bionic in a few days...plus since he works for big red, I get the inside scoops!! And killer deals..lol