Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread

Mojo

Reaction score
If you have downloaded the latest leaked Froyo FRF84B. Report any issues, changes or solutions you find here.

And just a reminder keep it on topic. We will be deleting any and all "thank you I'm so excited" type post. Nothing personal, but we need this thread for solutions.

Thanks,

MOJO

ipawd1

Reaction score
So far so good. The Market searched for a while but its good. A lot of people are complaining that the links are down so I'm reupping some. What I've noticed:

- The updated Maps works FINE.
- Trying the Droid X keyboard now..hopefully it doesnt force close
- Chrome to Phone still works.
- Nexus Theme from the Bugless 0.3 works (scary, right)
- Rom Manager works
- The normal default launcher works as well. No lag with the 3d app drawer.
- Dont see apps2sd....?

I'll come back with more.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
I have noticed that not all of my paid apps are showing up in the Market again

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
I take that back... paid apps are there. It is just the free ones that I had downloaded. I got a download unsuccessful please try again on My Verizon, Gesture Search, Google Translate, and Google Voice. I will try to DL them manully to see if they will install.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
Okay I guess I just jumped the gun.. all my free apps downloaded too. I did have to manully update the ones I mentioned in my previous post. But all is good. I just did not give it enough time. So solution: Have patience :D

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
Okay, I am having issues with installing busybox. With these instructions.

"To install busybox use Android Terminal or ADB Shell

TYPE:
Code:
sumount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system/xbinbusybox --install /system/xbin/mount -o remount,r -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
You have now installed busybox"

I am trying to use Better Terminal emulator, and when I type in the first line and press enter I get...

/data/data/com.magicandroidapps.bettertermpro/bin/sh: sumount: not found

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lost all my apps because I had to do a wipe. Not all of my paid apps returned but fortunately I did have a back up (MyBackupPro) which restored .apk and data.

It did not however restore any of my live wall paper that I paid for. :(

Where is my Google Back up for this??

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Install titanium backup (if you are rooted) and click problem button it will install busybox for you

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
Hook give it a few minutes. I thought the same thing and then they slowly started to show up

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is true that it will install most apps and you will probably have to reinstall some apps. But it is HIGHLY recommended to wipe data and cache. This is why, remember the old froyo maps install did not work. This froyo maps will install, to get a clean install and keep from having to do it again later, just wipe data and cache. I personally did the 3 wipes that was suggested when the first froyo was leaked (wipe data and cache twice b4 install, and once afterwards.

also after installing froyo and getting your stable kernel....make a backup (nandroid backup) immediately.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Install titanium backup (if you are rooted) and click problem button it will install busybox for you

Thats it? Lol. I do not have to move it somewhere?

Nope, do not see why, titanium backup needs busybox in order to work. So thank the dev of titanium backup.

You can also do it through droid root helper.

OP
Mojo

Mojo

Reaction score
I tried the wifi tether app in the market.. and it is working great!! Woo Hoo!! With the last leaked version I had to downgrade it for it to work. But the 2.0.2 version works great!

Bbpsword

Reaction score
I have no 3D effect on my app drawer. It just fades in. WHAT THE HECKZ!? :icon_eek:

Last edited: