Odd issues with 2.2 Browser

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I am running rooted FRF84B with a Chevy ultra low voltage kernel.

When I first got the rom and kernel set up on my phone everything ran fast and quick, including the browser.

Now, when I go to type a web address or search into the browser Address Bar, the phone lags and the first few letters are missed.

Also, at random times, the browser closes. Not Force Closes. It just closes the app, and any of the multiple windows I had open are closed as well. It's like it is Force Closing, but not actually reporting the FC to me and just doing it on its own.

Not really sure on what to try.

ojohnny

Reaction score
Try another kernel. I am running mine at 800 MHz no problem what so ever. The faster you go the more bugs you might experience.

allstar5101

Reaction score
I am running rooted FRF84B with a Chevy ultra low voltage kernel.

When I first got the rom and kernel set up on my phone everything ran fast and quick, including the browser.

Now, when I go to type a web address or search into the browser Address Bar, the phone lags and the first few letters are missed.

Also, at random times, the browser closes. Not Force Closes. It just closes the app, and any of the multiple windows I had open are closed as well. It's like it is Force Closing, but not actually reporting the FC to me and just doing it on its own.

Not really sure on what to try.

I also experience the random browser closing and i have occational reboots. Try a different kernel. Iv noticed when i run a rom without a custom kernel the browser and the reboots dont happen. Im still trying different kernels to find the most stable

OP
O

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I've been running the Chevy Ultra Low Voltage kernel at 500-800 MHz, but I'll give some others a try.