Occasionally can't send texts or make calls

heyjerr

Reaction score
I've had my Droid2 for less than a year now. I am not a power user so I have not rooted it.
System version 2.3.50.A955.Verizon.en.US
Android version 2.2
Kernel 2.6.32.9-g462500f dbretzm1@il93lnxdroid22 #1
ERI 5
PRL 52105

I installed Handcent early on because I wanted to have a continuing reminder for unread texts with a time interval I can set. Starting a few months ago I occasionally would get a notification that a message could not be sent. Retries had no effect even though I had great signal. A restart would cure the issue for awhile.

I got used to doing this sporadically until one day I noticed an incoming call and then the phone rebooted on its own. Odd.

Even later I got into this "could not send texts" mode and tried to make an outgoing call only to see that the call never seemed to start. I've run into this several times now, and the phone will sometimes reboot on its own. In all cases where it didn't crash on its own, I would pull the battery or do a restart and the phone would resume working. Unfortunately now it seems to happen much more often.

I blamed Handcent and removed it....no probs for the last 2 weeks until just this morning. Text wouldn't send, so I tried to make an outgoing call and the phone restarted.

Any ideas what would make this phone act so unreliably?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How long has it been since a factory wipe via Recovery?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
H

heyjerr

Reaction score
I was hoping to troubleshoot a little before nuking with a reset. Is the issue I've mentioned already known (or is there a known issues list somewhere I can read)? I assume I will lose all additional apps if I reset everything, yes?

louy99

Reaction score
When you sign in with Google after a reset, all your apps come back

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
H

heyjerr

Reaction score
It's been one week since I wiped the phone. So far so good.

I was impressed at how quickly the apps immediately restored without any effort on my part as well as my phone list. I forgot I had to pair up my bluetooth but overall the process was pretty painless.