Obsidian ROM

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Well...downloading it now but with the listed bugs I'll have to talk myself into flashing.

rawr fire breath

Strikeir13

Reaction score
So my question is, if this doesn't work well with the bootstrap, how do we install it? Do we have to rename it to update.zip and install through normal recovery?

I never had a D1, just got my first smartphone in the DX, so I've never installed Sapphire or the like...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
You still use bootstrap to install it, you just can't install the Bootstrapper app once the ROM has been installed.

What I'm curious about is whether the version of Clockwork he included with the ROM supports nandroids made by the bootstrap version (I don't see why it wouldn't, though).

ThatOneDude05

Reaction score
You still use bootstrap to install it, you just can't install the Bootstrapper app once the ROM has been installed.

What I'm curious about is whether the version of Clockwork he included with the ROM supports nandroids made by the bootstrap version (I don't see why it wouldn't, though).
I really hope it would. More likely than not ill try it out for a bit then go back to to what im currently running.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tx3kgtman

Reaction score
Just installed it and used my backup to get back. Nandroids work fine with their recovery. The rom itself was very fast and felt nice being completly asop. Ill wait until a few more things are fixed before I try it for a daily use. Overall I beleive it will be great when more bugs get worked out.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I heard, it flies. It's just the few bugs he has yet to work out (which he will. He just REALLY wanted to get it out)

You guys don't understand how big of an undertaking this was. What he has done is borderline insane.

You could say he has done the impossible ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Jolly

Reaction score
Hmmm, does this work with 2.3.340?

rawr fire breath

Yes it does. But the battery life is Horrible. CVPCS tweeted it himself. Great work on his part but I was going back to TranQ either way. It is a true AOSP Rom and what he's done is amazing.

Sent from my Droid X Running TranQ 3.6.0

Fabolous

Superuser
Developer
Reaction score
Website
fabdroid.com
There're a lot, a lot of options. I restored the rotary lock screen from 2.0 :D

obsidian.png

We'll see about the battery life though..

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Man... I really want to flash this... But my busy schedule this week doesn't allow to a ROM this buggy (mostly battery life) to be installed. So, if anyone would like, please tease me with all the features.

msburr87

Reaction score
Flashed this for like thirty minutes then flashed out.

Its very plain, buggy and slow.

Similar to UD in concept but IMO a far behind. Maybe when a final is released.

droid_freak

Reaction score
Well time for a factory reset as suggested, its running like a turtle. Lets see if this will fix my speed problem?