Obd2 bluetooth?

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which scanners are you guys having success with?

----posted maxx'ed out----

William_04_x

Reaction score
I got one for$30 on Amazon(search Obd2 Bluetooth for Torque) and it works great with Torque. Pairs quickly and no reported errors.

From RAZR MAXX

William_04_x

Reaction score
Here's a screenshot from my tablet. The gauges displayed are basic monitoring on my diesel truck.

View attachment 48785

There's a ton of performance related functions that use the accelerometers in the phone and GPS data. It'll clear DTC's too.

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool I got one on eBay for $23 including shipping with 30day return.

I have and Oldsmobile giving a 30x code.
30 is misfire the x is cylinder.

I swapped coils around trouble shooting to see if the code would follow. Its get tiresome running to Autozone everytime. And they don't like clearing the codes, one guy actually let me do it..

Ordered the scanner along with new coil packs tonight.

Also like the "wow" factor it's going to add. :)

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally got my obd2 bt today.. (delivery issues)

A nice accessory for the Razr indeed..

cmorty72

Reaction score
Got mine from ebay over two years ago and it's still rocking strong. Been using Torque since It first came on the scene on my OG Droid, and now on my Razr. A very useful tool/app to have indeed!
I mostly use it to determine/clear trouble codes and tuning on my Mazda 6 and friend's rides.

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got mine from ebay over two years ago and it's still rocking strong. Been using Torque since It first came on the scene on my OG Droid, and now on my Razr. A very useful tool/app to have indeed!
I mostly use it to determine/clear trouble codes and tuning on my Mazda 6 and friend's rides.

Will this app actually let the computer be fine tuned? Man I better be careful ..

I mainly got it for the codes(get tired of running to parts store 20 miles away) ...

Being bt just adds to DROID DOES! :)

cmorty72

Reaction score
Will this app actually let the computer be fine tuned? Man I better be careful ..

I mainly got it for the codes(get tired of running to parts store 20 miles away) ...

I think you can. A friend of mine used it in junction with his MS access tuner from Cobb Tuning, while tuning his MS6. I'd research the Torque forums before doing anything of that caliber first though.

William_04_x

Reaction score

No. You can only read data, and clear codes. No writing to any powertrain management computers.

From RAZR MAXX

William_04_x

Reaction score
I think you can. A friend of mine used it in junction with his MS access tuner from Cobb Tuning, while tuning his MS6. I'd research the Torque forums before doing anything of that caliber first though.

The tuner was used to change operating characteristics, and torque was used to evaluate the changes being made.

From RAZR MAXX

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I feel better... I don't need to be accidentally changing anything ...