Now that you've had your Droid for a little while... change your mind about keyboard?

droid2817

Reaction score
I think the keyboard is difficult to use! I have little fingers and reaching across with my right hand has been problematic. I guess I'll become a lefty! Otherwise, its been an awesome phone. You can download anything in the market place.:heart:

droid2817

Reaction score
I had the tour too and you are right. I can't type half as fast on this thing. I'm hoping it becomes secondary pretty quickly.

moparharn

Reaction score
I wanted a physical keyboard, the virtual keyboard is so

good that I hardly use the physical at all. Who'd a thunk it? Nice screen and touch feel, much better than I was expecting.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Thanks! Not the greatest thing... but there you are. I wish there was a way to lock that if I need to enter a long string of numbers... :dry:

How do you access the numbers on the keyboard?

press the ALT key plus the button with the corresponding number that you want.

actually when your on the phone app, you dont have to press the ALT button. the phone automatically recognizes the number when you press the buttons with number on it..

andjarnic

Reaction score
Had an iPhone before.. so the keyboard, I mostly don't even use it. I use the onscreen one a lot, and while the auto-correct is not as nice as the iPhone, I find that I seldom miss a key using the on-screen one. The iPhone I was ALWAYS mistyping words as I seemed to somehow always hit other keys. This onscreen is WAY better than the iPhone.

I also have big hands and fingers.. and got to say, compared to my old Treo from years ago, I don't find this keyboard difficult to use (the physical one). I think more than anything I am worried about the slider action... my kids Ds and other devices seem to eventually not function the same after too many open/close cycles. I am worried if I keep using the slide up and keyboard, then slide down.. it will eventually just start easily opening when I don't want it to. I did buy the $6 a month warranty plan.. but $90 is a bit much to replace it just for the keyboard slide thing. I'd rather be cautious I think.