Notifications

cuesport

Reaction score
Still getting used to the droid. One thing that I find somewhat annoying is the notification alerts. With my Palm treo, I would know if I got a new voice mail (most important) or a text msg, or an e-mail. With the droid, I get a signal, have to power up, unlock, hit the notification key and find that it was just an available update for one of my apps.
Is there some way or some app that will allow me to distinguish between alerts? It would be nice if when you received an alert, the screen came on and told you what was there. You could deal with it or ignore it.
Wish I was a programmer. Still the best device I've ever owned.

Silverwing

Reaction score
I think "missed call" could help you with a lot of that.

For example, the LED would blink red for emails, green for voice mails and blue for text messages. I think it can do, even more specific tasks than that. Hope it helps!

Troy

Reaction score
Mine display's what it is in the notification bar.

ThePhoneGuy

Reaction score
Still getting used to the droid. One thing that I find somewhat annoying is the notification alerts. With my Palm treo, I would know if I got a new voice mail (most important) or a text msg, or an e-mail. With the droid, I get a signal, have to power up, unlock, hit the notification key and find that it was just an available update for one of my apps.
Is there some way or some app that will allow me to distinguish between alerts? It would be nice if when you received an alert, the screen came on and told you what was there. You could deal with it or ignore it.
Wish I was a programmer. Still the best device I've ever owned.

I think we have to decide between battery life or more illuminating features. The more your screen illuminates (display) the the quicker your battery drains. Since the display is one of the top percentage of battery use, it would be practical to keep the screen illuminate as little as possible.

I was sleeping last night with my phone off the charger, i fell asleep around 10pm, and woke up around 530am and seen the blinking light, i checked my notifications (status bar) and seen i got a text around 1030pm. If my screen was illuminated all night, or a reminder going off every minute, i would of had a weak/dead battery to start my day.

when you see your light (Droid) blinking, you check your status bar and decide your options, and then put your phone back to sleep if you decide to take no action. All this crazy notification ringtones/reminders tones/screen illumination become a liability when your away from your phone. I'll agree that a different color blinking light for different notifications MIGHT be cool, but i address notifications anytime i see the green light blinking, emails,VM,text,miss calls make no difference to me, i want to know whatever is pending.

Just my opinion.

tah

Reaction score
On Palm I used Butler.

The feature I really like was the ability to set alert frequency and occurence limits.

For Instance: Missed call, alert me every minute for 30 minutes.

Why: On the Droid if I'm in another room or away from the phone and don't hear the initial alert, I'm SOL unless I happen to see the LED flashing or fire up the phone.

Missing a lot of emails...etc because of this.

Have to develop new habits, still LOOOOVE the Droid!

Hopefully someone is working on this!

MikeZ

Reaction score
Try Missed call for Android (free)
or Executive Assistant + (.99c)

that's all i was able to find.
i'm going to be trying out the MIssed call for Android. if not...i'll try