Notifications

walkerparalegal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ZTE N9130
Twitter
@walkerlegalgj
Can anyone help? I can't get my G4 to play my notification sounds when I get an email or text. I've been through all the steps in Gmail settings, have notify always, etc. When I get a text now, I get the girl's voice saying the sender's name. My ringtone for phone calls is fine but I can't get the default notification to sound for anything. I'm using Move Launcher....could this be the problem? Also, this is my first time using Tapatalk and am unsure if I'll be notified if someone can help. Sorry I'm confused but I'd appreciate any help!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Can anyone help? I can't get my G4 to play my notification sounds when I get an email or text. I've been through all the steps in Gmail settings, have notify always, etc. When I get a text now, I get the girl's voice saying the sender's name. My ringtone for phone calls is fine but I can't get the default notification to sound for anything. I'm using Move Launcher....could this be the problem? Also, this is my first time using Tapatalk and am unsure if I'll be notified if someone can help. Sorry I'm confused but I'd appreciate any help!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum. Give this a try if you haven'r already. Go into the email app, click the three dots in a row, select settings, select the email account you will see notification settings; select the sound you want. Also would be helpful to know what android version you're on.
EDIT:
Do you have a link for Move Launcher, never heard of it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In addition to the question asked previously, if your phone is unlocked and you are looking at your Home screen do you see a Notification for new Gmail messages in the Notification tray at the top of the phone? To help troubleshooting we need to know if you are not receiving any Gmail notifications at all or only not receiving them on the lock screen.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And yes....first things first.... switch back to the stock launcher right away and see if any of your issues go away. Anytime you use a custom launcher, if you experience weird issues like you posted switch back to stock and see if you get the same results. If not....the launcher is the problem

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk