Notification Tones Questions

Deutsche_Goddess

Reaction score
Well, I want to change my text & picture message notification, it gets old hearing "Droooooooooooid" every time.... I found the menu but none of the sounds on my SD card show up.
I also can't go into my SD card & set any of my sounds to be my text or picture message notification sound.

Is there another way to do this?

Any & all help appreciated!

Vitticeps

Reaction score
First set the tone you want to use as a ringer. Once it's been set as a ringer it will show in the messaging tone menu too.

OP
D

Deutsche_Goddess

Reaction score
Tried it - nothing.
NOTHING I have on my SD card will show up in the messages settings box to set it as my message notification.

blackngray70

Reaction score
Create a folder called Media on your SD. Inside of that, create a folder called Audio. Inside of that, create three folders Notifications, Alarms, and Ringtones.

• Media
    • Audio
      • Notifications
      • Ringtones
      • Alarms
Then copy your media files that you want to use to the specific folders.

Last edited:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
might have to reboot the phone after adding the folders or maybe unmount and remount the SD card.

sooner99

Reaction score
can you set diffrent notifications for different peoples texts?

bad4u

Reaction score
Yes use 'handcent' find it in the market. Million times better than stock messaging app for the moto droid

mad3963

Reaction score
not with the stock app. I believe Handcent will let you do that.

How do you do set different notification tones for individual contacts in Handcent? I can't find this setting.

bad4u

Reaction score

How do you do set different notification tones for individual contacts in Handcent? I can't find this setting.

view a message of a person your want to change, in the upper right corner of the handcent app click the person with the gear, this lets you set individual settings, go to notification settings, scroll down to notification tones.

Also if you were to go to bubble settings instead of notification, you can change the color of the bubble, text, and also set user specific backgrounds.

mad3963

Reaction score

view a message of a person your want to change, in the upper right corner of the handcent app click the person with the gear, this lets you set individual settings, go to notification settings, scroll down to notification tones.

Also if you were to go to bubble settings instead of notification, you can change the color of the bubble, text, and also set user specific backgrounds.

Thanks for the response. Don't know how I never saw that. LOL

johnsocs

Reaction score
Also, Ringdroid is a decent app to create new ringtones and notifications with audio you have stored on your phone. I use it and love it personally.