Notification Sounds

tbtk325

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app to set separate notification tones for email, text messages, etc.?

Silver Member
Reaction score
each app has its own settings. if you're not sure, try bring up menu and settings for each app you use/download/open.

email, sms and calendar can all hvae their own message indicators (sounds, vibrate).

cisco0910

Reaction score
zedge is my favorite. you can also set different tones by like going to gmail/settings. also your text messages can be customized especially if you use handcent you could even change the led color, vibration pattern, etc. if you even do to facebook app you can set that to have a unique ringtone/noification sound also. just got to explore around in settings. again I love zedge for my notification sounds. like I get a woman sexy voice saying darling i have a message for you, and when I get a handcent text I get this sword sound. I'm not into songs playing everytime somebody calls me or text

xtreme

Reaction score
each app has its own settings. if you're not sure, try bring up menu and settings for each app you use/download/open.

email, sms and calendar can all hvae their own message indicators (sounds, vibrate).

you can also create folders on your sd card for ringtones you want to load and use for email, sms, calender, alarm, and phone calls

xtreme

Reaction score

you can also create a folder on your sd for ringtones and sounds for use with eamil, sms, calender, alarm, and phone calls

chrispt

Reaction score
Occasionally, my notification sounds will stop working. I noticed today that I had gotten a text message and didn't get the full notification sound. It was kind of chopped off. I went into Handcent and went to test the notification and sure enough, it wasn't making the audible notification. When it does this, it also mutes my other notifications, like Gmail. Has anyone else ever encountered this? Does anyone know what to do to fix it? Reboot always helps and it only happens once in a while, but it has probably happened about 5 or so times since I got the phone in December.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have a similar situation with my husbands Droid. His original Droid, the main buttons stopped working so we got him a refurbished through Verizon. Now his phone rings once and stops. The call is still coming in and continues to vibrate but no rings. Same with any notification. If he has the notification to go 2 or 3 times, it only rings once and stops. I have checked all his settings, unrooted him and the problem persists. I think he has another defective phone. So I rerooted him, put a custom song on for his ringer and have given him the option to either get another refurb or use the insurance to get a new one. He is still thinking as his phone is working fine with the custom ringer.

So long story short, you may have a defect in your ringtones/notifications and it may get worse. To my knowledge, there is no fix other than putting a song as a notification or ringtone. Try using a song as a notification and see if that works. If not, then you may need to take it into verizon and get a refurb or if you have insurance make a claim and get another phone.

Hope this helps......

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Notification sounds being choppy or not playing at all is the result of your phone being bogged-down. Ive noticed that sometimes my text message tones either wont go off or will be choppy when my phone is doing alot of things and i get an incoming message.

RockXP

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any nice notification sounds for there droid...missed calls, missed text, email, etc

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check out zedge in the marketplace. I have found pretty much every notification I ever wanted in there.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

prudence12

Reaction score
I do. Let me know your email address. Or you can go to Zedge. I got it from there.