Note 9 TTS?

Coolhand5599

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
i am new to droid from iPhone. On my iPhone I could highlight the text in mail and it would read to me. This pos phone will not do that. I have came across some apps that I have to copy the email into another app then it works. I am looking for a streamlined app that just reads the text in my email when selected. Anyone know if this exists? I actually like the phone, it’s just frustrating learning something new

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. I'm not sure if Samsung has this Setting or not (since they use a heavily skinned version of Android). But on stock Android there is a TTS option in the Accessibility Settings. See if you have this option somewhere.
845c8ff941a6b4d60401c242dc33df3b.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
The Search in the Settings for the Note9 works perfect. If you Type what you are looking for it is pretty helpful. Like Sajo mentioned it is in Accessibility under "Select to Speak".
Screenshot_20181211-164006_Settings.jpg

pego99

Reaction score
i am new to droid from iPhone. On my iPhone I could highlight the text in mail and it would read to me. This pos phone will not do that. I have came across some apps that I have to copy the email into another app then it works. I am looking for a streamlined app that just reads the text in my email when selected. Anyone know if this exists? I actually like the phone, it’s just frustrating learning something new
Droid is what verizon called its first motorola Android phones?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Droid is what verizon called its first motorola Android phones?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Verizon referred to the Motorola A855 as the "Droid" with permission from Lucas Films back in July 2009 when this phone was released. The A855 had great build quality and was a excellent phone. it was not the first Android Phone though. The G1 from T-Mobile was the first phone to run Android OS and was released in 2018. The A855 was my First Android Phone.

Motorola A855
Motorola DROID specs

T-Mobile G1
T-Mobile G1 specs