Note 3 vs Galaxy Mega. Need opinion

jcimlas

Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my phone and ended up getting a big screen phone. I am interested in Note 3 and Galaxy Mega.
What I like about the Note 3 is the pen, for the Galaxy Mega I like the bigger screen but I hear the Galaxy Mega is a bit slow.
I would like to go for the Mega for the bigger screen but I really don't like a sluggish phone. Does anybody have Mega?
Any thoughts?

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Look up the specs for both. The Mega is equipped with mid-range specs and the massive screen. The Note 3 has top-tier specs and still a huge screen. I believe there is a price difference that might be important to you.

xtor

Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my phone and ended up getting a big screen phone. I am interested in Note 3 and Galaxy Mega.
What I like about the Note 3 is the pen, for the Galaxy Mega I like the bigger screen but I hear the Galaxy Mega is a bit slow.
I would like to go for the Mega for the bigger screen but I really don't like a sluggish phone. Does anybody have Mega?
Any thoughts?

The note 3 is a top tear phone and the mega is in the middle at best, plus the note has the s pen.

8th Infantry division

OP
J

jcimlas

Reaction score
For spec wise, I know the Note 3 is better but I want to know how the Mega's actual performance in real life would be. If the Mega is not that bad at all for normal use even thought the spec is lower than the Note 3, I would pick the Mega for the bigger screen.

xtor

Reaction score
For spec wise, I know the Note 3 is better but I want to know how the Mega's actual performance in real life would be. If the Mega is not that bad at all for normal use even thought the spec is lower than the Note 3, I would pick the Mega for the bigger screen.
I always look at support and products for my phone, mega wasn't a huge success so I'm guessing those aren't covered as well as the note 3, I have a note 2 best phone I've ever had, and I've had them all. So if cost isn't a problem I'd get a note 3 I think you'll be happier in the long run. Plus the resale value is way higher for the note 3 that's something to think about down the road when it's time for something newer

8th Infantry division

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Before I got my Note 3 I played with the Mega for 25 or 30 minutes (a friend of mine was kind enough to let me use hers). It isn't a bad phone but you will notice that it is not as responsive or efficient as the note 3. I would highly recommend the Note 3. I've had mine for a few months now and I absolutely love this phone!

NOVICE

Reaction score
I would consider a used Note 2 or 3. And in my experience the Note 2 is almost as good as the Note 3. The biggest difference for me has been that the S pen in the Note 3 has more functions. I haven't noticed any appreciable difference regarding screen resolution, speed, battery life, etc., between the 2 phones.

OP
J

jcimlas

Reaction score
I will probably choose the Note 3 for responsiveness, resale value. I think getting an used Note 3 might be a good idea.
Thank you guys.