Note 2 or S3 or MaxxHD or ?

LDB415

Reaction score
I posted earlier asking questions comparing these 3 phones and posted in each of the 3 forums to get input from the users of each who only look in their own forum. Apparently it was deleted. Since this is not a duplicate posting it will hopefully stay since the Note 2 is a prime suspect. I'm dumping ATT due to mediocre data service. I have an S2 with them. I'll be going with VZ with the new phone.

I want a good screen in case I want to watch a show on abc.com or similar sometimes. I want good battery life so if I forget to plug it in one night it won't wake me at 3 in the morning with the low battery alert. Those are the main criteria. The 3 phones in my title are the main suspects but if there's an as yet unnamed contender tell me which one it is.

So thoughts/comments/hints/warnings/suggestions please.

duff70

Reaction score
i had the maxx first. loved the battery and the reception but wanted a bigger screen. then i got the s3. had a good screen but had horrible reception where i live so i went back to the maxx. the note 2 came out and its has a good battery and an awesome screen plus it seems to have way better reception then the s3. i havent used the maxx hd but it is the same physical size as the razr maxx. they just included the lower buttons in the screen to make the screen bigger.

BlackMill

Reaction score
I posted earlier asking questions comparing these 3 phones and posted in each of the 3 forums to get input from the users of each who only look in their own forum. Apparently it was deleted. Since this is not a duplicate posting it will hopefully stay since the Note 2 is a prime suspect. I'm dumping ATT due to mediocre data service. I have an S2 with them. I'll be going with VZ with the new phone.

I want a good screen in case I want to watch a show on abc.com or similar sometimes. I want good battery life so if I forget to plug it in one night it won't wake me at 3 in the morning with the low battery alert. Those are the main criteria. The 3 phones in my title are the main suspects but if there's an as yet unnamed contender tell me which one it is.

So thoughts/comments/hints/warnings/suggestions please.

I would say if you can handle the 5.5 inch screen on the note 2 go with that. Right behind that I recommend the maxx based off your standards. I've played with each and they are both amazing.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want battery life, MAXX HD. Its fast and smooth and still pretty relative even with the Note 2 out. Besides, the Not 2 is a huge phone, and I mean huge.

Of the two Sammy devices, I would go Note 2. So narrow it down to the MAXX HD and Note 2.

Both screens are nice, and movies/videos look great on the HD (I have one, and love it).

If you haven't done so yet, go to the VZW store and play with them both.

BlackMill

Reaction score
If you want battery life, MAXX HD. Its fast and smooth and still pretty relative even with the Note 2 out. Besides, the Not 2 is a huge phone, and I mean huge.

Of the two Sammy devices, I would go Note 2. So narrow it down to the MAXX HD and Note 2.

Both screens are nice, and movies/videos look great on the HD (I have one, and love it).

If you haven't done so yet, go to the VZW store and play with them both.

Completely forgot to mention about going to Verizon. Haha Some of the best advice you can give.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have all 3 of the phones you are asking about and the Note 2 and Maxx HD are my primary phones that I carry on a daily basis...both are great devices - each with its own pro's and con's...as mentioned above, definitely try to get some hands on time with the devices.

Good luck with your decision ;)!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Both phones are good.. I agree.. I know plenty people find Note huge.. I for one can't go back to a regular size.. Lol
The phone is great and battery life is awesome.. Best phone I've owned.. Good luck and let us know.. Try them out at Verizon.. I was stalking the carriers for a week to decide on this phone..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

blowabs

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat....great sugg. to go to VZ! THX

Last edited:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
if size doesn't matter (thats what she said) get a note 2... I will be

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if size doesn't matter (thats what she said) get a note 2... I will be

S3, Note 2 or Maxx HD can not go wrong with either. The maxx hd and Note 2 are the top of their class in battery life. Note 2 and s3 have 2 gigs of ram and offer similar software tweaks.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
S3, Note 2 or Maxx HD can not go wrong with either. The maxx hd and Note 2 are the top of their class in battery life. Note 2 and s3 have 2 gigs of ram and offer similar software tweaks.

to me, there's more upside with the note 2

cschanck

Reaction score
I debated the exact same thing, coming from a Bionic. Got my Note 2 for Christmas, and I love it.

Fast fast fast. Good reception. Good battery. Fabulous screen.

Unfortunately, the stateside version of the S3 is crippled with the dual core processor, or it might have contended.

C

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

blowabs

Reaction score
I debated the exact same thing, coming from a Bionic. Got my Note 2 for Christmas, and I love it.

Fast fast fast. Good reception. Good battery. Fabulous screen.

Unfortunately, the stateside version of the S3 is crippled with the dual core processor, or it might have contended.

C

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

IT would have competed ...how? I just came back from the Verizon store and 75% of tagged boxes were S3's:blink: in for repair or return!

Last edited: