Not sure how to sync ".edu" email to my droid...

shawnm

Reaction score
It gives me 3 options:

1)POP3 account
2)IMAP account
3)Exchange account

How do i know which type of account will support my .edu email?

Thanks in advance!

bgro

Reaction score
It gives me 3 options:

1)POP3 account
2)IMAP account
3)Exchange account

Thanks in advance!

My school email is a Pop3 account.

murtagh01

Reaction score
It depends... My school essentially uses hotmail which is an exchange account so I entered my email and password, chose exchange and then had to change the domain/username to my email because it did something screwy and re-enter the password then make the exchange server outlook.com. For the other servers it will be fairly different though

ThermalGuy

Reaction score
It gives me 3 options:

1)POP3 account
2)IMAP account
3)Exchange account

Thanks in advance!

It may be any of them, ask the IT department. IMAP would be best so it syncs folders IMHO. Just pick one, set it up and try it. If it does not work, dump it and try one of the others. Check out K-9Mail, works great for my "non-Google" mail accounts on my personal domains.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
TouchDown is also an option for Exchange Email.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
It gives me 3 options:

1)POP3 account
2)IMAP account
3)Exchange account

Thanks in advance!

Try googling the name of your university's mail system plus "POP3" or "IMAP" or "Exchange." More than likely, you'll get a hit on one of those, which will then be your answer. In addition, your result will likely be a page composed by your school's IT department explaining how to connect using Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. The instructions, port numbers, etc. that will be listed will be what you'll need for your email application on your Droid.

J

Johnly

Like someone said, just call your school IT department and they will hook you up. That is how I got my .edu working

Reaction score
You could also forward your .edu email to gmail and then apply a label to any email that's sent to your .edu email address. Then you'll have all your email in one place, but labeled if you want to sort through it. I find that works well for me, though YMMV.

UggTheThug

Reaction score
for my school account i went to the settings page and i found an option to send a copy of every email it recieves to my gmail account. works great execpt every other week or so i need to go back to my school account and delete all the mail ive read

DanSan

Reaction score
my schools email recently switched to gmail like 3 weeks ago.. all i did was log into my email account and its under settings. they give u all the info on how to set up IMAP or POP3, i picked IMAP. maybe your email settings have something just like this