Not Receiving Text Messages

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
a friend's x apparently is not notifying him of text messages sent to him, sms or mms. he says the phone rings and he can receive calls but texts are not coming thru until he actually presses the text message icon. kinda like when people dont get their emails until they manually select the email they are checking and it syncs.

he said nothing appears in the notification bar and the phone doesn't ring or vibrate. anybody got any ideas?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Stock messaging app, or a 3rd party app like ChompSMS or Handcent SMS?

First thing I wopuld do is pull the battery while the phone is "on". If that didnt do any good, then I would lean toward doing a Factory Reset...which takes the phone back to factory...just like it came out of the box...

OP
DroidXDawg

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
forgot to mention he did have handcent installed when it started...he removed that and some other apps/games thinking it would help but it didn't. we did try the battery pull, didn't work either. we'll try a factory reset today and see how it goes. Thanks BodyBagz!

awwcool

Reaction score
Ok... if he is useing the stock messaging app go into the settings and check Sms notification and that's it. If that dose don't work try downloading handsent or another messaging app. If all else fails .......factory reset

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DroidXDawg

DroidXDawg

Reaction score
He finally called customer service and a factory reset was the remedy. Thanks y'all!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Lovely74254

Reaction score
Hello, I am having the same problem. I have tried everything mentioned and nothing has fixed it. PLEASE HELP!
I have a Moto Droid X MB810 running 2.3.4 that has worked perfectly for almost a year on page plus. All of the sudden 3 days ago, I can no longer receive text messages(but they go through, when I send them). I've called pp and tried ota programming. I have restored to factory default settings. They said my msgs are just hanging out there and my phone will not receive them. I'm desperate at the moment. I run a business, through my phone and I honestly can not afford a new one right now.

Does anyone have any idea what may have happened that I can not receive any messages?(they send just fine!) Is there a "fix" or "patch" or anything i can do? all else works fine talk/data/wifi/ etc.

Any and all help is VERY APPRECIATED!
Bless you all!