Not receiving MMS

ashkev843

Reaction score
have you guys tried doing the *228 and doing option 1 and option 2? I was also having this problem....but I flashed the updated basband and reactivated and updated my prl's and now I don't have any problems.

eddieonofre

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid running the newest Bugless Beast v0.4 Froyo.

I was previously having this problem on BB 1.1, but I had read in a few places that people were having trouble receiving MMS with Handcent, and I had uninstalled the default messenger app. So I figured I would upgrade my Bugless Beast ROM to the newest one, not use Handcent, and it would fix the problem. Except it seems that it hasn't fixed the problem. I'm not not receiving the message at all...no notification and no message in the thread.

If it matters at all, the person sending me the test Picture Message is using a Verizon Blackberry Bold.
I have read around that if u install the stock mms app you wont receive SMS or MMS at all. Maybe that is the reason of your problem.
I dont use sms (only GV) so I haven't suffer that problem (BB0.4)

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I too have had this issue and found the problem to be related to the baseband update. After restoring the previous baseband, I could then send and receive MMS messages again using handcent and the stock app.

jckhmr

Reaction score
So if you have uninstalled the original messaging app, where can I reinstall it. Since I made a backup after the uninstallation, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore.