Not Really 16GB internal storage

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I wondered about this yesterday and got this tweet which explained it.

8GB user
3GB apps
5GB for OS and update split
Just like the Razr.

Full article here:

Motorola Droid 4 advertises 16GB internal storage, only reports 8GB -- here's why http://engt.co/yeylMI

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Last edited:

fastpat

Reaction score
Is that the additional microSD card, or the soldered in memory?

It is said that we can install up to a 32 gb microSD card, which I will do pretty quick.

OP
debdroid1a

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Is that the additional microSD card, or the soldered in memory?

It is said that we can install up to a 32 gb microSD card, which I will do pretty quick.

In memory. I only have a 16GB in my phone, but yes I read you can have a 32 GB sd card.

Htown315

Reaction score
Every phone is like that its all good. Just like a brand new PC or PS3, the OS uses part of your storage so you will never be able to use 100% of the drive space.

OP
debdroid1a

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Every phone is like that its all good. Just like a brand new PC or PS3, the OS uses part of your storage so you will never be able to use 100% of the drive space.

I haven't got a new one of those for a long time, but i understand. I noticed that with cards and flash sticks.

AceDROID

Reaction score
I stuck my 32gb micro sd card in my droid 4 from my thunderbolt and it does read the card. Only issue (for me) is I use the mini info widget on my home screen, and it reads the 8gb internal memory as the sd card, which is a pain in my opinion. No way to change it. Other than that it seems to work fine. Just waiting on root so I can get rid of the bloatware apps.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk