noob to droid and all its expressions

SC-SafeCracker

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my droid for like almost 2 months now and I have a few questions about some terms I hear and read. ferst and formost, what the F is 'rooting'? If you can help please tell me. Thx

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my droid for like almost 2 months now and I have a few questions about some terms I hear and read. ferst and formost, what the F is 'rooting'? If you can help please tell me. Thx

Welcome, SC-SafeCracker! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Just check out the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good advice that may take the edge off the learning curve. And don't let those guys over here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/off-topic-forum/36397-can-your-droid-do.html give you a hard time. There are no secret unlock codes; those were just videos made for fun and rooted or not, the codes don't exist. But in case you're really interested in rooting, read this THIS IS WHAT ROOT MEANS (stop asking) Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! If you are thinking about rooting read, read, and read some more. Watch videos on youtube. Then, if you decide to root, print your process, make notes and make a BACKUP.

If you run into problems someone here will be glad to assist.

Mike