Noob about to root: BB vs 84BClean?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been a lurker on this forum for some time. I'm a techie and linux user, but the only things I know about my Droid are what I've read on various forums. I'm planning to root my Droid this coming week, and was wondering whether you recommend I start with the clean froyo rom or with BB .4. Here's why I'm rooting:

• As a linux user, su privileges make me feel godlike
  • I think I should do it before the 2.2 OTA release makes rooting more difficult
  • My battery life on stock 2.1 is eaten up by Maps and Browser, so I'm hoping to prolong life with low-voltage kernels and SetCPU profiles
  • I'm looking forward to the Froyo goodies (and maybe the BB ones too?)
  • WIFI tethering will make my iPhone-using friends so jealous
Any suggestions? If I start with Clean, can I later install BB using the new Updater? Is Clean more stable (WFI, camera, etc) than BB .4 (labeled "Beta")?

Thanks!

jonnybgewd

Reaction score
Clean or stock froyo would help battery life for sure. ANd yes you can easily switch between the two, even without wiping date/cashe. And BB has all the features i love and totally non intrusive. My prefrence is for sure BB, but try both for a couple days.

peteralfonso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
BB, dont even bother with the stock stuff, I just posted that for devs to have a starting base without kanging my ROM.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm looking forward to playing around with these. And thanks, Pete, for all your hard work. Once this is all up and running, I'll definitely be buying you a beer.