no vibration when receiving text

clk55r1d3h

Reaction score
So I noticed tht whenever I receive a text or use google talk I only get a notification sound not the vobration although their both on always vibrate...any help y this happens, do I need to do something else I dunno about...thanks

RoscoeDpG

Reaction score
alot of times when im on a call i will get a txt msg and it wont vibrate kinda get used to it thou but would like to fix lol

jbycroft91

Reaction score
vibrate does not work

So I noticed tht whenever I receive a text or use google talk I only get a notification sound not the vobration although their both on always vibrate...any help y this happens, do I need to do something else I dunno about...thanks

I also have this same problem with the latest rom.

calbrs04

Reaction score
I had the same issue. So I tried flashing 3 other roms and it still continued. I read in a post somewhere else in the forums to download sound manager, and it fixed the problem. So try that.

mikelbeck

Reaction score
I've got the opposite problem... When I receive a text I get the vibration but no sound. I do have it configured to use the "default" sound, but I get nothing with texts. I do get the notification when I get a new Gmail message, though.

OP
C

clk55r1d3h

Reaction score
I had the same issue. So I tried flashing 3 other roms and it still continued. I read in a post somewhere else in the forums to download sound manager, and it fixed the problem. So try that.

Ok thanks I'll give that a try but if it doesn't work then oh well just have to deal with it...I remember it worked on MIUI but not on BB or UD...

barkoon

Reaction score
I had the same problem, just go into the messaging app settings and scroll down to notification settings, click vibrate and choose always. I'm pretty sure it's set to never by default....same thing with google talk

Last edited:

lordammon

Reaction score
I had the same problem, just go into the messaging app settings and scroll down to notification settings, click vibrate and choose always. I'm pretty sure it's set to never by default....same thing with google talk

I have done this many times. I am still using the default text messaging app that came with the phone.

It gives me a vibrate to say that I have turned it on but it never works. I have been reading that people fix this buy getting a replacement phone. I don't want to have to do that, and I also don't want to ROOT my phone either.

* Update *

Had to get two new phones sent to me and finally the second one work out of the box for vibrate on the text messages. Verizon didn't have a ticket open on this issues but now they do. Wish they find a fix for this.

Last edited: