No vibrate for texting

SdotQuairoli

Reaction score
I was wondering why my phone doesn't vibrate for texts when my phone is in vibrate mode or silent mode whatever one it is..its been bugging me lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

evan2001

Reaction score
This is a issue I have with it also. First in settings, general make sure you have checked vib for calls and notification. Then in each app make sure in its setting you have vibrate on.

It would be nice to just be able to put in in vibrate mode and ta'da

OP
S

SdotQuairoli

Reaction score
That was easy enough lol..yeah of would be nice if you put it in vibrate mode everything went to vibrate mode but hey, you can't have it all lol

kengoad

Reaction score
I work in a noisy environment and outdoors.....How can I have sound AND vibrate set when I receive a text and a call?
Droid Bionic.

Ken

Scott B

Reaction score
I had that same prob with my Droid x. With all the setting changed for vibrate, it still wouldn't vibrate. After calling Verizon several times I finally got the answer that it was a prob with the default texting app. I downloaded handcent and the problem was fixed. Handcent is a much better text messaging application!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

kengoad

Reaction score
Thank you! Just dnloaded and it seems to be working as I wanted/needed!

Thanks again!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe open up the SMS app and go into the settings and into notifications and see if vibrate is selected there as well?