No Unlocked BootLoader on BIONIC -- blame Moto !!

ripper2860

Reaction score
This whole "Blame the carrier for locked Bootloaders" story is getting to look a lot like BS ...

HTC has made their Rezound Bootloader "unlockable. So that makes a Samsung and an HTC but no Moto. I don't think it's VZ.

HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

ex0rcist

Reaction score
What about the fact that the European version of the Razr is going to be unlocked? ;)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

The european db is unlocked. Doesnt help us none. But now that rezound has bl unlocked moto is rlly pissing me off. Wtf. Cant blame vzw now. CMON MOTO. Make this right. Has anyone poston on the motorola forms that we're tired of the sh*t.??????

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
What about the fact that the European version of the Razr is going to be unlocked? ;)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

I'm sure the EU had lots to do with that. I SERIOUSLY doubt that it was done out of generosity. And it's not actually done yet, is it??

wseyller

Reaction score
I had this same thought for awhile now. Moto says they would unlock the bootloader if the carrier (vzw) allows it. The only moto phone on verizon that was unlocked (or at least very easy to unlock) was the droid 1. There have been plenty of other non moto phones on verizon that have unlocked bootloaders. I say BS as well

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I had this same thought for awhile now. Moto says they would unlock the bootloader if the carrier (vzw) allows it. The only moto phone on verizon that was unlocked (or at least very easy to unlock) was the droid 1. There have been plenty of other non moto phones on verizon that have unlocked bootloaders. I say BS as well

Someone post on moto forums.. obviously it isnt vzw. Look at htc.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
Start a thread on Moto's forum and post a link in this and other android forums for the members to voice their displeasure with Moto.
Lets see how large the thread will grow.

wilboy

Reaction score
I remember one time that I've posted about this on the other thread that Bionic will be unlock soon,but they have to do first the HTC(can't find the web site.sorry),now that the HTC was unlocked...so...we are??....I think MOTO is willing to...but VW to blame..just sayin!!..

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It won't help to post on the Moto support forums, it falls on deaf ears. The mods/xperts don't care and the main users don't want to talk about anything that isn't Moto, if you have a question about the quick contacts widget though, they will be very excited :D

wilboy

Reaction score
It won't help to post on the Moto support forums, it falls on deaf ears. The mods/xperts don't care and the main users don't want to talk about anything that isn't Moto, if you have a question about the quick contacts widget though, they will be very excited :D
:icon_eek:I think this post wasn't for me,right?:D

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
I remember one time that I've posted about this on the other thread that Bionic will be unlock soon,but they have to do first the HTC(can't find the web site.sorry),now that the HTC was unlocked...so...we are??....I think MOTO is willing to...but VW to blame..just sayin!!..

Are you saying that somewhere it was stated that for VZW, HTC would receive a unlocked bootloader before the moto and that this is part of some plan or timeline ultimately leading to an unlocked moto bootloader? And if it is VZW stopping moto -- why was HTC able to do it with the Rezound -- a VZW product? How were they able to "convince" VZW where moto has not? I'm not even mentioning the Galaxy Nexus because it is a Google Experience Device and is really a different animal, but the Rezound getting unlocked before any Moto looks pretty suspicious to me thatmoto isn't really pushing this and is using VZW as a convenient excuse.

wilboy

Reaction score
Are you saying that somewhere it was stated that for VZW, HTC would receive a unlocked bootloader before the moto and that this is part of some plan or timeline ultimately leading to an unlocked moto bootloader? And if it is VZW stopping moto -- why was HTC able to do it with the Rezound -- a VZW product? How were they able to "convince" VZW where moto has not? I'm not even mentioning the Galaxy Nexus because it is a Google Experience Device and is really a different animal, but the Rezound getting unlocked before any Moto looks pretty suspicious to me thatmoto isn't really pushing this and is using VZW as a convenient excuse.
Well that was before,as of now...They are pointing each others that who's to blame,dunno what we have in Bionic that they can't unlock the bootloader...think?.. is it because ...of business??Trying to sell first the new devices and other bionic user get pissed and turn down the bionic?But hey,this is just FOR ME!!...but still,am hoping for the unlock bootloader...hope soon..:D

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
...but still,am hoping for the unlock bootloader...hope soon..:D

You, me and MANY others, Wilboy. I suspect that with Moto-mobilitiy now being owned by Google that the likelihood of it actually happening is greater as the Google influence becomes greater. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Moto sees that HTC has done it and accelerates the keeping of their promise. :D

wilboy

Reaction score
You, me and MANY others, Wilboy. I suspect that with Moto-mobilitiy now being owned by Google that the likelihood of it actually happening is greater as the Google influence becomes greater. Let's keep our fingers crossed that Moto sees that HTC has done it and accelerates the keeping of their promise. :D
Yap..well,who knows,may be the ICS that we been waiting for..is unlock bootloader ready....:D:D