No Speed Dial?

danhur

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Speed dial works Great for me.
I push the microphone button say the words call so and so and it automatically dials the number. It pauses a cpl seconds to make sure you got the right one and the dials automatically. For me its super accurate. Awesome feature.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Speed dial works Great for me.
I push the microphone button say the words call so and so and it automatically dials the number. It pauses a cpl seconds to make sure you got the right one and the dials automatically. For me its super accurate. Awesome feature.
Yes your missing something, what your speaking of is called voice command, speed dial is the push of a number or icon byhand.

But while your speaking of voice command, are you able to do it via bluetooth also?

MOTODROID JON

Reaction score
The favorites feature as opposed to having speed dial is awesome actually. It took a couple days to get used to but once you select your favorites in your contact list android prioritizes them by frequency... so it's pretty sweet.

Plus with speed dial you are forced to assign an actual number where as the favorites list is by contact so you don't have to occupy two speed dial numbers for your friends mobile phone and work phone.

/twocents>

jgumphress

Reaction score
I have noticed that if you hold down on the #1 on the phone dial key pad that it dials voice mail for you. I am sure then that you could set up the other eight numbers for speed dial. I haven't searched for it yet. Remember, Droid Does.

rcfx

Reaction score
Ok here is a program you guys might like, callled MeContacts, free in the market. It's a one touch dialer where you can put pictures on it or their name, I have it cause my direct dial shortcuts I made were so small I could'nt see them, these are bigger and easier to use especially when your driving. You can have as many screens as you like, name them whatever you like, and to give you an idea how big the pics are, there are 3 in a row from left to right, 15 on a page. Easy to setup and easy to use.

msuperbauer

Reaction score
Search "speed dial old school" in the app word (free btw), It will activate a sped dial on your phone number pad, like many of s had on the blackberry or regular phones.. I've been using it about a week now and love it!! I was like you, another folder, no, icons, no, I just wanted good old fashioned speed dial! GOod luck! Let me know your thoughts!

rjax

Reaction score
Another free option is Dialer One -- it does a lot more than just speed dial though, which is why I prefer it.

Tim in Duluth

Reaction score
You can set them up on the Motorola Droid

To set up a speed dial (Droid calls it Direct Dial) on one of the home screens:
go to the menu, select Add, then select Shortcuts (green arrow icon), scroll down to Direct Dial. Click on that and it will bring up a list of your contacts that you can select. It will then create an icon on your home screens. Just press it and it will dial that person. If you have a pictures selected for that contact it will show the picture in the icon. It works very well.

Oh, if you use g-mail you can attach pictures to your contacts, and the Droid will sync with that.

Good luck.

rjax

Reaction score
Another free option is Dialer One -- it does a lot more than just speed dial though, which is why I prefer it.

Dialer One looks good - I'm downloading it and giving it a whirl. Thanks for the tip! :) mikey

No problem -- definitely go into the settings to customize. It gives you a much better call log, plus a few different ways to do T9 search. Also try changing the Application Theme to "Wallpaper" -- it's pretty cool.