No sound notification in Handcent

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
I know pushing the menu buttons in apps brings up sound notifications options for each individual app, but for the life of me, I cannot get sound from handcent. I'm worried that some combination of apps is working against it, because I had it for a while, and it suddenly just stopped. Uninstall and reinstall hasn't helped yet.

Will my settings in the native messaging app mess with handcent?

OP
M

MagicMiloX

Reaction score
Getting more interesting...

I am also without sound in my native messaging app as well. Somehow I've activitated some mute option...I don't know...Here's hoping that there is some easy fix that I am missing...

Dijitalx

Reaction score
I had the same issue. Initially I suspected locale or some ringer profile app that I tried, which still may be the case. But here is what I did.

1) check to see if handscent notifications are on
a. go into handscent and click the wrench in the top right corner
b. scroll down to 'notifications' and make sure it is checked
c. scroll down to 'notification settings' and then select ring-tone to make sure I had a ring-tone selected.

2) check to see if phone notifications are on
a. go to phone settings>sounds & display
b. check the 'notification ring-tone' to make sure you have one there
c. make sure silent mode is not selected
d. then click on 'ringer volume'
e. ringer volume has two sliders one for incoming call volume and one for notification volume. They can be set to separate volumes or you can click the check box for notification volume to match the call volume.

this last part is where I went wrong. My notification slider was all the way down. I moved it and voila everything worked.

I know this is an old post but hopefully this helps someone somewhere.