No Ringtones work on incoming calls

dumluk2002

Reaction score
I cannot get any ringtones to work on incoming calls. I can change to a ringtone, it will work once and then no more. VOLUME is up....have restarted, pulled battery and still nothing. Help???

reavesb

Reaction score
I had a very similar problem. No trouble setting a ringtone, but all calls came in with a droid voice saying "call from (name or number)". Took it to the store and they figured out that I had my "Call Options" set to Caller ID instead of Ringtone, so it didn't matter WHAT ringtone I set. Dunno if that's what you're experiencing, but if it is, that's the fix.

LandjetPLT

Reaction score
I cannot get any ringtones to work on incoming calls. I can change to a ringtone, it will work once and then no more. VOLUME is up....have restarted, pulled battery and still nothing. Help???

This happened to me, but it was a group of people I set as one ringtone I downloaded then deleted that ringtone. If you had those contacts you speak of set to a certain ringtone that you previously deleted, that would also cause this problem. Even if you set your phone back to the default ringer.

Try this: Go to a contact on your phone. Select that contact. Hit the MENU key, then options. Under ringtone set it back to default. Then have that person or people call you to verify.

Last edited: