No ringtone pause?

C4talyst

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased a Droid Incredible and absolutely love it. I'm coming from an iphone and was fully-converted within the first couple of hours.

I was wondering why none of the ringtones have a pause between rings? It seems like every tone I've tried just goes into an endless (and annoying) fast-paced loop. Any ideas?

Thanks!

kmo

Reaction score
Are you talking about the stock tones that are on the phone? Are you just sampling the rings on the Incredible? Not quite sure what you're asking, sorry. You can create your own custom ringtones. I use my itunes music then cut the song down to a 30 second clip and add them to my ringtones. That way I designate rings for people, or other notifications too.

OP
C

C4talyst

Reaction score
Yes, the stock ringtones. I don't like using music as a ringtone, I prefer my phone to sound like, well, a phone ringing. On the Incredible, the stock ringtones just repeat over and over with no pause in between them. It sounds like the phone is spazzing out, rather than a nice RING...(PAUSE)...RING...(PAUSE)...RING. The Incredible does more of a RING.RING.RING.RING.RING.

markymark

Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean, it is really annoying. The only one that seems to have a pause is "old phone" and that ringtone is annoying in itself, but that's the one I'm using for now until I can figure out the issue. I installed Ringdroid to edit the standard ringtones and try to add some silence at the beginning or end but I don't think there is a way to do it.

Might have to load it to a PC, edit with a wav editor and then load back to the phone. I will call the Verizon store later but I doubt they will have a clue as they usually don't.

kmo

Reaction score
That's why I use custom tones, the ones on the phone aren't very good IMO.

markymark

Reaction score
I ended up doing pretty much what I said.....I opened the Standard 4 ringtone in Ringdroid and saved it to the SD card as Standard 4 New. Then I loaded the SD card to my PC and edited the mp3 file and added 1.5 sec of silence at the end, then saved it and loaded it back in the phone. Now I have 1.5 sec of pause between rings.

Pain in the neck but it works.

seamus

Reaction score
Sorry to thread necro, but I have the OPPOSITE problem. I have a Bionic, and I WANT my ringtones to loop. The ones I like to use don't sound right with a pause in them. They worked flawlessly on my droid 2 :(

any tips?