No push for POP

ToddP0530

Reaction score
EVery review I've seen says there is no push mail for pop3 mail (i.e. yahoo), but there is push for gmail and microsoft server synch.

cgaliffi

Reaction score
I believe you can also have your POP accounts forwarded through your Gmail account which will be pushed. I believe you can have up to 5 accounts forwarded to your Gmail account. Someone chime in and let me know if I'm right or wrong.

OP
ToddP0530

ToddP0530

Reaction score
cga ... you're right. If you have a yahoo account, or in my case an att.net account that runs through yahoo, it will not push. You have to set it at timed intervals to pull it.

mrpush

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, however these solutions are incomplete.

Complete Outlook, Exchange, Business data support would include the following:

Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes.

This appears to only do first 2, which I believe the Droid will do anyway. It's incomplete and it's Androids (Googles) fault.

Can anyone deliver a complete package on a new device?

Thanks,

MP

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will there be push alerts for facebook, twitter, etc?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, however these solutions are incomplete.

Complete Outlook, Exchange, Business data support would include the following:

Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes.

This appears to only do first 2, which I believe the Droid will do anyway. It's incomplete and it's Androids (Googles) fault.

Can anyone deliver a complete package on a new device?

Thanks,

MP

theres other free solutions just check out google

mrpush

Reaction score
Guys,

Sorry, I think I'm blaming the wrong people. Google wants to make money, so they want me to have to buys other apps to get the basic feature that I already had out of the box with a 4 year old xv6700.

Its verizons fault. I now have a brand new smart phone that is not as smart as my 4 year old smartphone for business data out of the box.

That is , not smart!

Stigy

Reaction score
Guys,

Sorry, I think I'm blaming the wrong people. Google wants to make money, so they want me to have to buys other apps to get the basic feature that I already had out of the box with a 4 year old xv6700.

Its verizons fault. I now have a brand new smart phone that is not as smart as my 4 year old smartphone for business data out of the box.

That is , not smart!

But remember that the XV6700 was running Windows Mobile so Exchange Server stuff was pretty much native inside the OS. Opening Outlook was like opening up another Outlook session that mimics your desktop experience.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys,

That is , not smart!

OK so what is bothering you. I'm guessing by reading your title. your pop3 email like my home [email protected] isn't pushed to the phone? It has to be set to go check the email and see if there's something new in the in box.

You can sign into your mails home paige again mine rr.com and set the mail to forward to your gmail acct. I do this with BB already. I also have it set to leave a copy on the server. Then I can open outlook at home later and pull it down too if necessary

Stigy

Reaction score
Also another point is that POP3 email is never pushed.

IMAP email can replicate push via IMAPIdle, but the server has to support it.

Do any phones support push POP3 natively?

mrpush

Reaction score
Stigy,

I do understand what you are saying, but that is not the point.

We are end users here.

Lets say you bought a car from Dodge 4 years ago. It had wipers and headlights "out of the box".

You goto Dodge today and buy a new car. It does not offer headlights or wipers.

Do you really care that although Dodge sells the car, that it was made by another company in China?

You want AT LEAST the features that you had before, no matter who designed the car or who actually made it, right?

Would Dodge sell any cars that did not have wipers and headlights?

No, Dodge has better judgment than that and they would plan for all envolved, not matter who it is, that if they are goin to sell the cars they need to make sure they have these options.

Its really just BAD design and planning.

I can't believe these companies deliver half-baked devices and I can't believe that consumers will still buy them this way.

Thanks,

MP

Stigy

Reaction score
Stigy,

We are end users here.

Lets say you bought a car from Dodge 4 years ago. It had wipers and headlights "out of the box".

Do you really care that although Dodge sells the car, that it was made by another company in China?

You want AT LEAST the features that you had before, no matter who designed the car or who actually made it, right?

No, Dodge has better judgment than that and they would plan for all envolved, not matter who it is, that if they are goin to sell the cars they need to make sure they have these options.

I can't believe these companies deliver half-baked devices and I can't believe that consumers will still buy them this way.

Thanks,

MP

Yes but this is like buying a car from Dodge 4 years ago and it coming standard with lights and washers and the HEMI badge on the back.

Now you are going to Toyota and they don't offer the HEMI badge standard.

Two different companies we are talking about here.

Windows Mobile specializes in their Windows OS and it works seamlessly with Exchange because its Windows to Windows...

I hope that makes more sense though.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stigy,

We are end users here.

Thanks,

MP

What if dodge to out a feature cause i wasn't as good as what is being sold now?