No power...

ryryp

Reaction score
So I have a Moto Droid about 5 months old...I didn't use it for a day (left it at home) and then the next day I only used it once to check my email (which I wasn't able to do, as hotmail was down most of the day) then I got my first phone call of the day around 6 and it only vibrated no ring tone and when I answered it there was no sound and then it just shut it self down. I tried to restart it but it said that it didn't have any power (yet I hadn't used it all that day) and it said that my SD card had been removed, then it shut it self off again, I removed the bat and tried to restart but no luck. When I got home and tried to plug it in and charge it it started up again but while it's plugged in it says "connect your charger" as opposed to it's normal "charging" status. Anyone seen this???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have a Moto Droid about 5 months old...I didn't use it for a day (left it at home) and then the next day I only used it once to check my email (which I wasn't able to do, as hotmail was down most of the day) then I got my first phone call of the day around 6 and it only vibrated no ring tone and when I answered it there was no sound and then it just shut it self down. I tried to restart it but it said that it didn't have any power (yet I hadn't used it all that day) and it said that my SD card had been removed, then it shut it self off again, I removed the bat and tried to restart but no luck. When I got home and tried to plug it in and charge it it started up again but while it's plugged in it says "connect your charger" as opposed to it's normal "charging" status. Anyone seen this???

Just leave it plugged in for a couple of hours. You should be fine. and I see this is a first post so :welcome: to the Droid Forums. :)

OP
R

ryryp

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and the advice...however...it's been plugged in to the charger for almost 14 hours now....and still no change??

OP
R

ryryp

Reaction score
If I plug it in to the charger only! Then when it's plugged in it has no sound at all as well, either in speakerphone mode or normal....and it even has the red battery icon with the line on it and it has the icon for a removed SD card...which it's not????

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I plug it in to the charger only! Then when it's plugged in it has no sound at all as well, either in speakerphone mode or normal....and it even has the red battery icon with the line on it and it has the icon for a removed SD card...which it's not????

Unless you can boot it up to do a factory reset, then I think you're going to the Verizon Store or giving Verizon a call. You're still under warranty so you can get another Droid. But plug it into the wall, boot it up, go to settings/privacy/factory data reset and see if that works for you.

OP
R

ryryp

Reaction score
so I take it that will erase all the info in the phone right...pics,ringtones,downloaded apps.....also could it be as simple as the battery is just bad?...I could at least turn it on enough for it to do a boot up and then it would shut down, now it won't even do that.