No physical camera button

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have watched a bunch o' videos on the DB and I just caught something that I completely missed before. It does not have a physical camera button. On screen only I guess. Not a deal breaker but a PITA just the same.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Between the D1 and D2, I've found that the physical button is unreliable. It frequently doesn't work even when the on screen button does work, so I could care less about having one.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Between the D1 and D2, I've found that the physical button is unreliable. It frequently doesn't work even when the on screen button does work, so I could care less about having one.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

+1000000000, always end up using on screen button.

Sent from my UD 3.0.0 Droid 1!

DKunch

Reaction score
See i love having the physical camera button.. i have never had a problem with it.. and i think it will be a pain in the ass to have to use the onscreen camera button because even though it has a 2 stage feel to it by simply just holding it its so much harder to release the focus without taking the pic then it is with the physical camera button and with the Physical camera button it gives you the true camera feel . I wish they would have included one that was one of the things i absolutely loved about the D1 and DX... but i guess ill have to adjust and get used to an onscreen button

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
After the gold paint came off of my Droid's physical camera button I was over it - this makes no difference to me

Sent from my Gingerbread Droid Classic with Bionic Fever

Loooney2ns

Reaction score
I only use the camera button when I'm in recovery. I never use it for the camera, so it doesn't matter to me.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I've had the Droid 1 since release and used the button......................not once : )

Non-issue on my end.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That will not be the deal breaker for me.... there will have to be horrific reviews to deter me right now...HTC was my front runner with the evo aka thunderbolt but they dropped the ball but not even going dual core at 800mhz each. Heck if they would have done that I would have chose it over the bionic....but they did not so now I am moving on to yet another motorola device. My next device will be this or the next droid (droid 3) if they release it because I love having a physical keyboard.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like having a physical keyboard too, but I will sacrifice for this device - unless they release some Droid 3 specs that are through the roof :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
being the droid 2 specs mirrored the droid x....I am hoping the droid 3 mirror this one.

DKunch

Reaction score
See i would rather have a Physical Camera button then a physical keyboard... i guess becuase i have gotten so used to having the camera button and really enjoyed the experience i have had with it since it makes it easier for taking angled pics and stuff like that but it wont be a deal breaker i just have to get used to the onscreen button

NewDroidOrder

Reaction score
To me nothing is more comforting than having a hardware keyboard for those times where you don't really have the time to look while typing, and especially when entering passwords, and if you password has numbers in it, you are looking at even longer to type that thing in. Give me a Droid 3 with a dual core processor and they can do whatever they want to the rest of it. It has just occurred to me that none of the 4 inch + devices have hardware keyboards :icon_eek: interesting.

markietas

Reaction score
To me nothing is more comforting than having a hardware keyboard for those times where you don't really have the time to look while typing, and especially when entering passwords, and if you password has numbers in it, you are looking at even longer to type that thing in. Give me a Droid 3 with a dual core processor and they can do whatever they want to the rest of it. It has just occurred to me that none of the 4 inch + devices have hardware keyboards :icon_eek: interesting.

Thats probably because it would be a big ass phone lol