No phone ringer only option??? HELP!

xxfire

Reaction score
I guess the only thing I miss about my Storm. The Phone ringer only option while charging in the cradle? I don't want email or txt alerts, just phone calls for a sick parent. Any work arounds guys? Thanks..

krlaub

Reaction score
I need this answer as well! Please let me know if you've figured it out!!! :) thanks

ralgrl73

Reaction score
Sorry I can't offer a solution. Just wanted to post that I'm disappointed in Android for this. Doesn't it seem basic that it would be nice to have a phone make a sound only for phone purposes at times? Instead, I have only 4 options on my Droid X: silent, full sound, full sound + vibration, vibration only. It makes no sense to me why I can't have phone only.

I'd find it very useful to have phone only during the night in case someone calls (like for an emergency) but I don't have to hear all the notifications about emails/txts/etc.

I'm really surprised some developer hasn't made an app for that.

(and I won't even get started on other types of notifications. I miss the BeBuzz application that I had on my Storm. The customizations that were possible for notifications were truly amazing. Android sorely lacks in that).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to pay for it Tasker can do this I believe,but its not for the faint of heart so I have heard.

Or maybe a profile app.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

ralgrl73

Reaction score
If you want to pay for it Tasker can do this I believe,but its not for the faint of heart so I have heard.

Or maybe a profile app.

Hmmm... interesting. Thanks for the post.

But what do you mean by it's not for the faint of heart? And what do you mean by a profile app?

Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not for the faint of heart means its very involved.

And profile app meaning you can have a profile (which changes volume, ringers, brightness, etc) for work and home and car, etc.