no more unlimited data usage

Reaction score
i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Verizon not offering unlimited data anymore. my buddy was talking about it and he said he had heard it at a Verizon store.any word?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
It will most likely happen in the future, but has not been announced yet. I don't think they can legally change existing contracts so it would probably only for people signing new contracts.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I never take much faith to anything said in a VZW store...

rmcray08

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I'd venture to say it's a reality that every consumer on every network will soon face. As apps and internet content becomes more and more data intensive, carriers will have to find ways to moderate the amount of data used per phone. What's more, I'm sure Big Red would love to entice would-be smartphone users into a purchase by offering cheap $10/mo. data packages.

montyboy

Reaction score
I am sure it will happen eventually. No need to worry if you're an existing customer though as you can be grandfathered in. That's why we pay $4.99 for insurance with a $50 deductible on our "smartphones" - we were grandfathered in.

I wouldn't mind tiered data, but the days of charging more for txt messaging has to stop. It's blatant thievery.

Detonation

Reaction score
What, getting worried that you can't abuse the system anymore? Yea I remember you:

hmmm...well have had my droid for a couple of months now and i have been tethering on it ever since i can remember. I only recently started using soo much data because i have been using it to connect to Xbox live and play on my 360. I have been averaging, i would say, 6-12 gigs a day depending on how long i play and my family plays (i let them play too) and my bill has always stayed at a steady 130 a month.

Yeah i know what you mean. I am just happy that I know i wont be tacked with an extra charge now. Im currently at 56 gigs and counting due to Xbox live MW2. I have been for a couple of months and no problems.

JCo352

Reaction score
What, getting worried that you can't abuse the system anymore? Yea I remember you:

hmmm...well have had my droid for a couple of months now and i have been tethering on it ever since i can remember. I only recently started using soo much data because i have been using it to connect to Xbox live and play on my 360. I have been averaging, i would say, 6-12 gigs a day depending on how long i play and my family plays (i let them play too) and my bill has always stayed at a steady 130 a month.

Yeah i know what you mean. I am just happy that I know i wont be tacked with an extra charge now. Im currently at 56 gigs and counting due to Xbox live MW2. I have been for a couple of months and no problems.

Those two quotes are the reason Verizon will be having tiered data plans. smh

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Those two quotes are the reason Verizon will be having tiered data plans. smh

Exactly. People who abuse the data is why they wont be giving unlimited data anymore once LTE rolls out.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

ummm [email protected]... you had better hope no Verizon employees decide to look you up with your gmail name. Probably flag your account. :D

Reaction score
I recently went into one of the authorized dealer stores for Verizon and they told me that the Verizon Rep was in there a few days ago and told them that they do not foresee changing this any time in the near future and that they should use the unlimited plan as a competitive edge over AT&T.

Also, if you see any of the leaked catalogues online for Verizon's fall lineup, they still have unlimited plans in there.

It may happen eventually, but I think we are safe at least until the end of the year.