No more droid :(

Reaction score
Well since it was a nice day out i figured id put the top down on the jeep. I placed my droid on my bumper and forgot it. By the time i realized 20 min later i went back to find my droid in pieces on the highway. Battery door and battery are still mia. But got the screen and pieces of the body. SD card was still in but wouldn't read.

So i already went to best buy and i get my new phone in 7-10 days. So now im stuck with my old samsung flipshot from like 3-4 years ago since i smashed my lg dare when i got my droid. i hated that phone so much

i miss my droid already :greendroid:

warrior21

Reaction score
That sucks but at least you have a new one on the way. It's going to be one long week, though

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well since it was a nice day out i figured id put the top down on the jeep. I placed my droid on my bumper and forgot it. By the time i realized 20 min later i went back to find my droid in pieces on the highway. Battery door and battery are still mia. But got the screen and pieces of the body. SD card was still in but wouldn't read.

So i already went to best buy and i get my new phone in 7-10 days. So now im stuck with my old samsung flipshot from like 3-4 years ago since i smashed my lg dare when i got my droid. i hated that phone so much

My deepest sympathies go out to you at this time. I know how bad it is to lose a loved one, but trust me with time, say 7-10 days, you'll find another. And all will be right with the world.;)

What's this 7-10 day stuff? Assurion would have it to you in 48 hours or sooner.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
...since i smashed my lg dare when i got my droid. i hated that phone so much...

anger issues? :)

Or was it like that scene from Office Space where they gang up on that printer in the middle of a field with the rap music playing in the background...

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
My LG Dare did me good, don't know what that's about. I mean I couldn't go back to it now but I wouldn't smash it for no reason like that. The picture quality was outstanding compared to the Droid, I'd pay $100 right now to be able to switch out the sensor in the Droid for the Dare. I sold my Dare to get the Droid for free so I liked it even more at that point...lol.

Darkseider

Reaction score
That poor poor Droid. It didn't deserve to go like that. See folks this is what happens when you don't pay attention to your loved ones and just "leave them on the bumper" like some people.

motodroid34

Reaction score

:icon_ cry::icon_ cry:5 minutes of silence please. :sleep:

7pm of the 10th day :noupstoday01:

1pm 11th day :yeahbaby01::partsin01:dancedroid :welcome::yr1:

Happy ending.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

ouch, got a jeep myself. The phone is either in my hand, in my pocket, or in a dock. It almost never gets set down anywhere:)

A week? That sucks. Good news is when you get it you will be one week closer to 2.2!

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Another Jeeper here, and I agree - the Droid is in my hand 'cause I'm using it, or firmly clipped to an inside pocket especially when in the Jeep. :)

But regardless, I am sorry for your loss ... :frown:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a great loss to your family i will be sure to rember you in prayers