No Eris accessories or downloadable user's manual

FlyByNight

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a downloadable user's manual or any cool Eris specific accessories yet. I guess the Droid got all the love. Even the HTC site has very little.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a downloadable user's manual or any cool Eris specific accessories yet. I guess the Droid got all the love. Even the HTC site has very little.

Verizon has put up an interactive simulator of the device, so you can play around with it and learn how to do some stuff.

OP
F

FlyByNight

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw that, but if you see the actual manual anywhere, please post it here. As far as accessories, most of the ones for Sprint Hero will probably work.

Ps. I ordered the Eris today. If the Passion ever materializes, I'll sell the Eris on eBay.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw that, but if you see the actual manual anywhere, please post it here. As far as accessories, most of the ones for Sprint Hero will probably work.

Ps. I ordered the Eris today. If the Passion ever materializes, I'll sell the Eris on eBay.

Glad you got to order the phone. Please let me know what you think of it after you have had it a day or so. I plan to go play with one tonight or tomorrow. :droideris:

john4cats

Reaction score
I've had mine for 2 days and don't have any buyer's remorse, that's for sure.
That said, this is my first smartphone so I have no baseline.

One thing I highly recommend, if you're going to get the invisishield, get it
from day one and put it on out of the box. It is amazing, it's like it's not
there, and was easy to apply... but even one speck of dust hoses you. You
almost need to do it in a clean-room. I bought the ones from the verizon
site along with the phone.

Glad you got to order the phone. Please let me know what you think of it after you have had it a day or so. I plan to go play with one tonight or tomorrow. :droideris:

lowtech

Reaction score
Glad to find this thread... I have just moved to the Eris from a test drive of the Moto Droid, which I never really loved. I went from a Treo to the M. Droid. The Eris is a much better size and shape for me and I already feel more comfortable with it than I ever did with the M. Droid. Thank you for the link to the manual - I need some additional help with to set it up just right...

Happy to join the Family! :)

G

Grimster

I've had mine for 2 days and don't have any buyer's remorse, that's for sure.
That said, this is my first smartphone so I have no baseline.

One thing I highly recommend, if you're going to get the invisishield, get it
from day one and put it on out of the box. It is amazing, it's like it's not
there, and was easy to apply... but even one speck of dust hoses you. You
almost need to do it in a clean-room. I bought the ones from the verizon
site along with the phone.
Do NOT use the Zagg invisible shield on your screen! Its by far the WORST screen protector out there. The clarity is awful and the screen protector feels like rubber and grips your finger when sliding it around the screen.

Zagg invisible shield was designed for the BODY of devices not the screens. The material used is NOT fully transparent and its a GLUE based application.

Further more, your Eris does NOT need a body shield since its a matte finish you cant see scratches easily.

Silicon based non-adhesive screen protectors are the ONLY kind of screen protectors you should be buying due to superior clarity and easy removal.

Again, if you want to protect the body of the phone fine, the Zagg is great for that but DONT use the screen protector portion of it! You have been warned!

Last edited by a moderator: