No 4g connection anymore

SupremePeter

Reaction score
I haven't been able to get a 4g connection for the life of me over the past two months:( I haven't found anything to get it back, I even factory restored my phone and all I can get is a 3g connection, any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

AlexSB

Reaction score
Wow for the past 2 months? So you've had 4g 3 months ago? I'd say its time to call Verizon

OP
S

SupremePeter

Reaction score
Yeah I had it about 3 months ago but one day it just disappeared and all I got was 3g, I don't know what happened. And the last few times I called Verizon they told me to factory restore my phone to restore my 4g but it didnt work this time.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing might be your sim card.

1) Power down
2) Remove battery and sim card
3) Replace battery only
4) Power up for a minute or so. You'll get an error, but it's OK.
5) Power down
6) Replace sim card (you'll have to remove the battery in order to do so)
7) Power up

If that doesn't work, go to a Verizon store and have them replace your sim card. There should be no charge.

OP
S

SupremePeter

Reaction score
I tried it last night, still no 4g. I'm going in to a verizon store today so hopefully they can fix this. I'm hoping they just give me a new phone all together, cause this isn't the first time I've had 4g problems with the bionic and I'm sure it won't be the last.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My 4G disappeared one day. A new sim card was my fix

FrankieZee

Reaction score
Been having data issues with mine still too. Overall it's been a little more stable on the OTA ICS release, but not as good as I was hoping. The first few days were perfect, but it's been pretty spotty for the last week or so. I'll be trying the sim card trick when I get home tonight and hopefully that will help.

Otherwise, I'm back to researching new phone options...

AlexSB

Reaction score
I tried it last night, still no 4g. I'm going in to a verizon store today so hopefully they can fix this. I'm hoping they just give me a new phone all together, cause this isn't the first time I've had 4g problems with the bionic and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Have you done the ICS update? Its fixed my data drop problems.

OP
S

SupremePeter

Reaction score
Well I went in and got a new SIM card, still didn't work. And yes I am running the ICS update

AlexSB

Reaction score
It may be that a tower is down around your area? That's really the only other thing I can think of, unless its with your handset itself

OP
S

SupremePeter

Reaction score
That's what I thought also until I talked to a friend with a RAZR in my town, he said he was getting a strong 4g signal. I'm still covered under my warranty so do you think I will get a new phone?

livinginkaos

Reaction score
Well I went in and got a new SIM card, still didn't work. And yes I am running the ICS update

New SIM and ICS, time to swap the phone. Did it not work when you were at the VZW store? They should have done something right then.

musicmelanie3

Reaction score
Check that your mobile network setting is data enabled. Mine became unchecked after my factory reset this weekend to clean up my ics.

OP
S

SupremePeter

Reaction score
New SIM and ICS, time to swap the phone. Did it not work when you were at the VZW store? They should have done something right then.

They told me to wait twenty minutes and I should have 4g so I decided to leave, and yeah but I heard that Verizon doesn't sell Bionics anymore? So what other phone can I get? And will my warranty replace my phone?