No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is a known issue. Stopping/Restarting Wifi seems to help (others say Airplane Mode on then off helps as well).

Possible firmware fix in the future??

TIA

csphokie

Reaction score
Just wondering if this is a known issue. Stopping/Restarting Wifi seems to help (others say Airplane Mode on then off helps as well).

Possible firmware fix in the future??

TIA

I actually had the same thing happen to me today. I have no answers for you. Left Charlotte (4g) to drive up to BFE Virginia (3g). When I get to Virginia I have NO data at all. Tried toggling airplane, battery pull and anything else I could think of.

Went to the Verizon store after work, they did the same things with no luck. Next step is replacement from what they say. Having bought it from Costco I have to go there to exchange it (assuming they have any in stock).

Did talk to a Verizon guy on the phone and he was saying there was already a firmware update scheduled for october. And I wasn't the first one to report the data issue, there was actually a note in the system about the issue, but no real solution. Hopefully something good comes of this, pretty irritating!

stevo95

Reaction score
I actually had the same thing happen to me today. I have no answers for you. Left Charlotte (4g) to drive up to BFE Virginia (3g). When I get to Virginia I have NO data at all. Tried toggling airplane, battery pull and anything else I could think of.

Went to the Verizon store after work, they did the same things with no luck. Next step is replacement from what they say. Having bought it from Costco I have to go there to exchange it (assuming they have any in stock).

Did talk to a Verizon guy on the phone and he was saying there was already a firmware update scheduled for october. And I wasn't the first one to report the data issue, there was actually a note in the system about the issue, but no real solution. Hopefully something good comes of this, pretty irritating!

Darnit, sounds like the exact same issue I had today. Weird thing is that it was fine in San Francisco and fine at home. In between the two though on the way there and back I had the data problems. Never had these problems with my OG Droid on the same route.

csphokie

Reaction score
Did your 3g ever come back when you got home? I'm still in VA in a town that has 3g and they can't bring it back.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Did your 3g ever come back when you got home? I'm still in VA in a town that has 3g and they can't bring it back.

Yeah I can always get it back by selecting CDMA only in settings and then turning on airplane mode and then airplane mode on. I'm thinking maybe we have such a spotty/poor 4g signal at the house, but my phones is still trying to connect to it.

BIG OL' PITA. Hoe a firmware upgrade addresses this.

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

I'm in Monroe, so I'm close to you. I'm probably getting a much worse 4g signal as well.

Reaction score
Do you guys have the maximum battery saver option selected in the battery profiles menu? That is designed to turn off network when idle. That could be the problem I'm not sure though.

stevo95

Reaction score
Nope, one of the things I double checked. It is still in night saver mode.

csphokie

Reaction score
Do you guys have the maximum battery saver option selected in the battery profiles menu? That is designed to turn off network when idle. That could be the problem I'm not sure though.
Yeah, I just figured MY issue out. Not sure if it was the same as the other guys, but mine is tad embarassing (A little less embarrassing considering 3 people at VZW didn't catch it either). Thanks to the quoted text above I looked in Battery Saver. Mine was set properly; however, when in the menu I notice the Data Delivery option. What do you know, within that menu is a check box for 'Data enabled'. Never been in that menu before, but mine was unchecked. Checked it, and now I have 3g again. Hope this helps someone out there. Wish VZW trained their techs (phone and stores) to look in that menu too! I made sure to tell the phone tech how I fixed it so they could have it documented in case another idiot like me called in w/ that problem.

SSandro25

Reaction score
Having same issue. Just shows bars but no 3g/4g, can't make a call or access web unless i turn on wifi. If i didn't own a charge in the past i would say it was due to spotty coverage at my house but never had a problem with my charge. I checked all the settings everything is fine it just goes from working fine to not. cut and dry Some of the methods mentioned above get it going again but i really don't feel i or we should be trying tricks on a brand new $300 unit to get it to work as it should. Does anyone really feel this is an update fix? Has anyone thought about returning their units?

stevo95

Reaction score
I am considering returning it but I will test it on a similar journey before doing that. When I get to San Francisco it worked fine but i had a 2-3 hour period of terrible service. Similar when I returned back it was terrible for the 2-3 hour drive back and fine when I got home. Today I went for a 30 minute drive and it was fine again. Fingers crossed.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I am considering returning it but I will test it on a similar journey before doing that. When I get to San Francisco it worked fine but i had a 2-3 hour period of terrible service. Similar when I returned back it was terrible for the 2-3 hour drive back and fine when I got home. Today I went for a 30 minute drive and it was fine again. Fingers crossed.

Its going to keep on doing it. Its not the device. Its the network. I've had spotty connections since my OG Droid

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

stevo95

Reaction score
Its going to keep on doing it. Its not the device. Its the network. I've had spotty connections since my OG Droid

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

If it's the n/w, why did I have zero problems with my Droid? If it is a 4G problem, then it should not have affected phone calls or 3G. This was not spotty either, it was for large portions of my journey along Highway 50 and the I-80 between Sacramento and Santa Rosa and between San Francisco and Sacramento.

To be on a call and it is working fine, end the call and immediately dial someone else only be told "no network" (this happened 3-4 times) is not (IMO) a network problem?

csphokie

Reaction score
OK, anybody else notice this happening while using/removing the phone from the car dock? I first lost my data yesterday after my phone rebooted when putting it in the car dock. Finally found the 'Enable Data' button today, and got it working. Then this evening, after removing from the dock my data is gone again. This time Airplane mode off/on got it going again. I'm thinking my issue is related to the car dock.

FLNole

Reaction score
It is a known problem. In LTE/CDMA mode it will not get a 3g signal. Verizon level 2 tech support (whatever that is) said they expect a patch from Motorola in November. Verizon tech suggested leaving in CDMA Only mode to get 3g and switch to LTE when you need it then switch back to CDMA so you won't lose data when you leave LTE coverage area. Not sure what to do since 14-day return (with contract cancellation) will run out long before the supposed November patch. I'll bet the November patch is as timely as the Bionic's early second quarter release date.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums