No 3g coverage ANYWHERE!?!?!

Comisac028

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my phone from the lg dare to a motorola devour, on the verizon wireless network. I've had the phone for about a week and over the course of this week i've been in pittsburgh and philadelphia(where i live) and many places inbetween. I have not had a 3g signal since i have had this phone. Could it be i'm not signed up to receive a 3g signal? or just a problem with the phone itself? ANY help is greatly appreciated, Thank you.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Some people have said to try dialing *228 and choosing option 2 I believe. That area sounds like it should have no problem with 3G coverage so if first suggestion doesn't work, try holding the power button and switching to Airplane mode, then once the icon appears turn it back off. If it simply refuses to get one I'd say it's a software defect and Verizon owes you a new phone.

Maybe someone else can offer another suggestion.

big.daddy

Reaction score
could be your phone when you switched it did not register correctly. When i first got mine i ended up having to call verizon and the tech had to swap a dummy phone on my account and then re-add the droid to get it to work correctly.