nintendo ds on droid ideas

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Ok so I'm not sure if this is the right place

I've searched the forums and I found a recent post but wasn't sure if it was closed about a ds emulator and problems it could have with the screen and everything

But here is an idea there is a ds emu on the psp called dsonpsp if you wanna google it and it has the screens side by side

I'm not sure if the psp has better prossesing power compared to the droid but would maybe basing it on the programing from that help any on making one for our phone??

demon69120

Reaction score
I work with PSPs a lot. They have terrible CPU processing power but great Graphics Processing Power. Basicly, the PSP has a hard time running applications besides games. The web browser stinks (even with a PSP Slim having 64 vs 32 mb of RAM).

It has a dual core CPU, capable of 333/133 MHz in heavy games. The GPU though, is designed specially. That's why it has several times the power of a Droid or iPhone's GPU and produces games with great graphics. This is also why it struggles to even make internet work.

As we all know, emulating looses the much needed efficiency it has on the system's hardware. Running a N64 emulator need's atleast a 1 GHz CPU (although it won't be smooth) while a N64 uses a CPU below 100 MHz. Emulated mainly relies on the CPU.

The PSP has been able to emulate all the way up to N64, although it's still not strong enough to do sound. The developers took a lot a time configuring it to run off the hardware in different ways. The DS for PSP emulator is a joke. You get 10 fps at most which around 60 is needed for console fps (since console fps is far different than on the computer or video). The PSP is not capable of emulating a Nintendo DS really... hardware is still too weak considering emulators usually need CPU!

Now the Droid.. I doubt it'd work. The iPhone 3GS is still having trouble with N64, and the PC is probably the only guy doing a DS right now. I'm not really smart with Droids though!

OP
tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
I work with PSPs a lot. They have terrible CPU processing power but great Graphics Processing Power. Basicly, the PSP has a hard time running applications besides games. The web browser stinks (even with a PSP Slim having 64 vs 32 mb of RAM).

It has a dual core CPU, capable of 333/133 MHz in heavy games. The GPU though, is designed specially. That's why it has several times the power of a Droid or iPhone's GPU and produces games with great graphics. This is also why it struggles to even make internet work.

As we all know, emulating looses the much needed efficiency it has on the system's hardware. Running a N64 emulator need's atleast a 1 GHz CPU (although it won't be smooth) while a N64 uses a CPU below 100 MHz. Emulated mainly relies on the CPU.

The PSP has been able to emulate all the way up to N64, although it's still not strong enough to do sound. The developers took a lot a time configuring it to run off the hardware in different ways. The DS for PSP emulator is a joke. You get 10 fps at most which around 60 is needed for console fps (since console fps is far different than on the computer or video). The PSP is not capable of emulating a Nintendo DS really... hardware is still too weak considering emulators usually need CPU!

Now the Droid.. I doubt it'd work. The iPhone 3GS is still having trouble with N64, and the PC is probably the only guy doing a DS right now. I'm not really smart with Droids though!

But the psp IS capable of emulating it wether or not its ****ty as all hell the droid does have more cpu power I'm sure it would run a little better at least for games like pokemon and such plus you would actually be able to touch the screen and I honestly think emulating the n64 for any android phone would be a terrible idea for the fact there is no joystick on the phones

NVash

Reaction score
Ill be honest, I wouldnt want to play a DS game on my Droid, even if it was capable. My friend played the N64 emulator on the comp years ago, and without a controller it was hard stuff. To this day hes stuck on the final level on Conker because he needs a controller for some move he has to do. The problem I see with the DS is this. Both screens on the DS are about as large as the Droid. So the emulator would probably combine both screens into the Droids one screen and itll be a tiny jumbled mess. One half can be touched, the other cant, itd be ridiculous. No, I think Id leave that alone.

But Im more than willing to admit Im wrong, so if someone is willing to take on that challenge dont let me stop you.

maxohkc

Reaction score
DS is possible but never going to happend

I dont understand people complaining about the controls for N64 emulators... that should be the least of your worries i personally love playing n64 games on my computer... and the droid keyboard is defiantly different but i would pay for that kind of APP and most likely it will be developed now this buisness about the DS... Well i doubt a developer will do that.. i mean the i know im being a bit contradictory but those controls would suck i mean where would the dpad be how the hell would it work.. but who knows it might come out

bleaktrotter

Reaction score
On the gba emulator I use, the dpad is on screen. That sounds undesirable, but once I got used to the placement of all the buttons, I turned down the transparency to invisible. It works great.