Night mode for Google MAPS/NAV?

805waves

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY TO VIEW THE MAP IN A NEGATIVE COLOR IMAGE FOR A NIGHT MODE? I FIND THE DISPLAY, EVEN AT A LOW ILLUMINATION SETTING, HAS A LOT OF INTENSITY THAT STRAINS THE EYES WHILE DRIVING IN THE DARK AT NIGHT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE FEEL THE SAME?:greendroid:

mrschmitz

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A POSSIBILITY TO VIEW THE MAP IN A NEGATIVE COLOR IMAGE FOR A NIGHT MODE? I FIND THE DISPLAY, EVEN AT A LOW ILLUMINATION SETTING, HAS A LOT OF INTENSITY THAT STRAINS THE EYES WHILE DRIVING IN THE DARK AT NIGHT. ANYONE ELSE HAVE FEEL THE SAME?:greendroid:

I don't think so at this time. Sounds like a good addition, though.

Just a note -- you may not want to post in all caps. It is difficult to read and is the online equivalent of yelling.

techguru

Reaction score
Not yet. Google is taking suggestions for future updates. I find if I switch to satellite view it is typically dark enough that it achieves the same purpose.

Alan

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I agree, satellite view works for me at night as well. Maybe the new labs option will drum something up.

SuperDroid

Reaction score

I agree. I night drive with all my lights (interior) dimmed all the way down and that screen is bright. :icon_eek:

OP
805waves

805waves

Reaction score
Update. . . I found a cool Navigation app called Waze. It has night mode and more.

tktouch12

Reaction score
my biggest problem with the droid relates to this: WHY CANT I DIM THE DISPLAY FARTHER. AT NIGHT IT IS WAYY TOO BRIGHT. MY ITOUCH (hate to compare to apple) GETS A TON DARKER... this would save battery and not kill my eyes at night

roflcopters

Reaction score
I personally think it's great that the display is so bright...almost to the point where I don't have to use the backlight at all. I do however agree that a night mode would be nice. The Garmin unit we have does this automatically.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Droid is an extremely bright device. Even at lowest settings it is blinding, and it doesn't help that i have a vibrant background; white, light blue, light green, etc.

A night mode or even if 2.1 has a lower brightness setting would be great for night use.