NFL Sunday Ticket without Directv Subscription

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
directv-ios-promotion-07162014.jpg

Directv may be allowing you to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket without a subscription to Directv. Should this end up being the case then this is a huge step forward for cord cutters. We will list the compatible devices as according to here (https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp). Further details will be elaborated in the thread as we do some investigating. After contacting Directv this offer is only available for college students and/or people who live in select markets. Below in this thread is a list of those markets.

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here is the catch (to quote their website):
Now you can stream live, out-of-market NFL games on your favorite device without a DIRECTV satellite TV subscription if you live in an apartment building where DIRECTV service is not available, attend one off these universities, or live in the following metro areas: New York City, Philadelphia, or San Francisco. Check your eligibility.

Check to see if you qualify here: https://nflst.directv.com/DTVAPP/nflws/index.jsp

Unfortunately for me I do not :(.

Hopefully one of you get a chance to strike gold.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Me either. What's up with that? Why wouldn't anyone be eligible...it's web based?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
While we're talking about it, they need to make HBO Go available to everyone as well, not just current subscribers. :D

tap'n on my S5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Red Zone channel is all I need...thx :)
Dish did a "Sports Package" special last season, that included Red Zone, for $5. I was all over that and have no clue what the other 11 channels in the deal were.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They need to release a Roku app ASAP.

Roku would be awesome Chromecast would be epic. This forum would not be able to contain itself if that ended up being the case where all Chromecast users regardless of location or market could sign up for Sunday ticket via Chromecast without a directv subscription.

I have both roku and Chromecast by the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Not available for me...lol.. but I get them all on my satellite....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So where exactly IS this available? NY and LA? Not in "Flyover country"?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hoping directv expand this option.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI....

I had this thru my PS3 about 3-4 years ago, and it was completely unwatchable at times. This year it was quite a bit better, but early in the year was still quite awful with freezing and skipping. By the end of the year it was pretty good, but it still hiccuped at least 3 times a game.

This year I think I will get the laptop streaming option (which oddly is a bit cheaper) and run the signal to my tv.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just an FYI....

I had this thru my PS3 about 3-4 years ago, and it was completely unwatchable at times. This year it was quite a bit better, but early in the year was still quite awful with freezing and skipping. By the end of the year it was pretty good, but it still hiccuped at least 3 times a game.

This year I think I will get the laptop streaming option (which oddly is a bit cheaper) and run the signal to my tv.

Thanks for the heads up because I started to get the one for roku.