Nexus S / Nexus 2 so far T-Mobile only

J

JohnDroid

nexus-s-nexus-2.jpg

As you may have seen or heard, the rumored Samsung Nexus S has become somewhat official. BGR released some never before seen images of the Nexus S today. What's just as interesting however is that Samsung refers to this phone on their own internal documentation as the Nexus 2. How do we know? Well I cant read Korean but our forum member alzakx can... and here's what he has to say:

alzakx said:
The first sticker just confirms that the i9020 is the new Samsung phone. Please remember that Samsung is a Korean based company, so that's why it is written in Korean.

The second sticker, the word written there sounds like... tan ta taaaaan... NECCHEOS. So that would be probably translated as Nexus. Noticed the 2 at the end? So that reads Nexus 2.

There you have it. You wanted to know what is looked like? There... the Nexus 2.

So the name is still up for debate, IMHO. Also, as BGR has confirmed the Nexus S appears to be T-Mobile only at this point... but that's not to say that future revisions won't be released with Verizon capabilities in hand. Here's to hoping!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the many benefits of being a Global Community :D

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If the INC HD doesnt come out soon, I would consider going to T-Mo or AT&T (T-Mo phones work on AT&T, right?) for this "Nexus S" if it is as open as the first Nexus....look at that huge hacking community, it's even got a functional Sense rom.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes t- mobile phones work on at&t's network they are both gsm networks. Too bad this is for t-mobile only. The only vanilla android phone us folks with Verizon got was the droid. T-mobile has had the nexus 1, the G1, G2, and now the nexus 2. Its kind of not fair. O well we can still hope.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does T-Mobile, a wireless provider i've never been able to take seriously, ALWAYS end up getting the dev phones? Around my area, T-Mobile is a freaking joke - as a matter of fact, I call it "TEEN-Mobile" because it seems that no one in my area uses T-Mobile aside from kids with their Sidekicks.

When is it going to be VERIZON'S turn to get a dev phone?

chuk1005

Reaction score
I guess Motorola lost out on the nexus 2 that they were talking about early this year.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
Really... why T-mobile? Am I missing a big reason why such a hyped up phone is going to such a small network first? Do they only want to sell a few thousand phones or what? I don't get it?

wmnomore

Reaction score
It's interesting that the capacitive bottom buttons are hidden when the screen is off.

77Pat

Reaction score
Maybe the gt-i9020 is for t-moblie/att and the gt-i9010, which had fcc filings, is for verizon/sprint. Or the i9010 is the one which was reported to have serious hardware flaws.

sranger

Reaction score
I do not think Verizon will ever let an open phone like the original Droid on their network again... They have gone backwards lately...

In my opinion this lack of openness by Verizon will be the death of Android....

texanmike

Reaction score
I speak korean and phonetically it is "Nek su se" 2. I'd say its proof except that it is hand written and a white box but if you believe the sticker is legit then yes it basically says nexsus 2.

Mike

texanmike

Reaction score
I speak korean and phonetically it is "Nek su se" 2. I'd say its proof except that it is hand written and a white box but if you believe the sticker is legit then yes it basically says nexsus 2.

Mike

sorry it is Nek saw se 2.

Mike

entwined82

Reaction score
So the name is still up for debate, IMHO. Also, as BGR has confirmed the Nexus S appears to be T-Mobile only at this point... but that's not to say that future revisions won't be released with Verizon capabilities in hand. Here's to hoping!

Yeah..just like the Nexus One right? Not counting on this on any carrier besides T-Mobile. Its a shame, it looks really nice too. I'd be all over it if it wasn't filled with Bing apps and if it was on Verizon.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Yeah..just like the Nexus One right? Not counting on this on any carrier besides T-Mobile. Its a shame, it looks really nice too. I'd be all over it if it wasn't filled with Bing apps and if it was on Verizon.

Well the difference is Samsung already has a similar phone with CDMA capabilities... so why not? :)