Nexus One just got multitouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenkmatt

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted but worth checking it out:

Nexus One | News and Updates

Maybe the Droid won't be too far behind.

update*just saw a post in the Android forum* sorry for the duplicate

Matte.

Last edited:

JFDroid

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted but worth checking it out:

Nexus One | News and Updates

Maybe the Droid won't be too far behind.

update*just saw a post in the Android forum* sorry for the duplicate

Matte.

This could also be why our Droid OTA update is taking a little while. However, Verizon is *very* picky about software updates to their phones, so I'm sure that's a big part of it, too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm going to expect multitouch with our next Droid OTA update. I think it's important enough to Google and Motorola to make this happen.

I heard the Nexus One's keyboard is multitouch. There was no announcement in the press release of enabling multitouch in the keyboard, so I assume 2.1, which the Nexus One launched with, had multitouch enabled in the keyboard. I bet though that while that may be true, it still registers keypresses when you release the button, rather when you press (like the iPhone). Not to tout the iPhone as something great - I don't like it at all - but I do think the Droid's keyboard could see some improvements.

deputc26

Reaction score
This is great news! it means droid shouldn't be far behind.

Detonation

Reaction score
Correction: Nexus One just got pinch zoom.

Droid, N1, etc have multi touch capabilities, the software was the limiting factor.

OP
J

jenkmatt

Reaction score
Correction: Nexus One just got pinch zoom.

Droid, N1, etc have multi touch capabilities, the software was the limiting factor.

This is very true; the matter has been discussed ad nauseam in these forums and for the sake of succinctness, I referred to the multitouch being enabled in the main android applications. Thank you for the clarification.

Matte.

Status
Not open for further replies.