Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Ugh... They've really dropped the ball & left Nexus owners or in the cold.

First, delayed updates, now this?

I haven't noticed this, but my battery rarely gets down to 15%...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is where Google can squash this. Either offer people a discount to trade in the 6p for a pixel or offer them money off for the next pixel.

This is an obvious issue and if neither hardware or software manufacturer want to address it then in a way I'm all good with the lawsuit just because this is a case of the consumer not getting a resolution to their issue for a device they spent hundreds on.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I agree, I had to pay for a replacement due to this issue which was just before the issue became as public as it is now. I'd like to get my money back on the deposit at least.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Had the battery drain issue.

Died 3 times going from 70 to dead in minutes.

I vented about that yesterday. 10 minutes were spent on me letting my feelings known.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
This is crazy ! They should give back some kind of incentive ..... I'm really disappointed with some of the issues I've been reading about and the whole updating phones ...support just doesn't seem to go long IMO ...it's no excuse

7+

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the tech talk I headlined with that and I am now on the line with Huawei and chatting with google. I feel the fool frustrations of the customers. I would have torched Apple had this happened when I was testing the iPhone 7+. But here I am on long wait times with Hauwei and Google can not continue until I get a ticket from Huawei. Now to be fair Google's support so far has been helpful. But that is an area they need to fix. If they are going to put their stamp on the phone then they need to be willing to handle the issue.

Apple, say what you will, want you to bring your issue to them. So much so that it was what caused people, like myself, to move on from them when AT&T could no handle device replacements. But Apple was willing to have the buck stop with them.

Update:

Finally Huawei answered the phone at the 45 min mark. Only to be told by them that the best time to call during the day 6-9 on Sundays. But on the other days if I want to avoid the long wait time to call in the evening.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is your Nexus 6p battery on the 7.1.2 battery bug,

Any questions?

b8b9bd5a9b9b2611edbbc15a39984d41.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Update:

Hi PC747,
Thank you for reverting back to Google Support.

I apologize profusely for inconvenienced experienced by you.

Since, the device was not purchased from Google Store hence I would request to kindly get in touch with your manufacturer please. They will surely help you with the warranty options.

If you have any more questions, please reply to this email. I'm happy to help!

Thanks!
Sean M
The Google Support Team

Oh I'm so tempted to go back to the fruit.... So Huawei says this is Google's fault and Google is sending me back to Huawei. Yup I feel my desire to remain Google loyal slipping right now.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They did the same thing with my wife's Pixel, which wasn't charging. We used the help option in the phone and they passed us off to Verizon. I haven't had the bug with this replacement device yet. I'm close to done with this phone, do I'm almost hoping I do.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
@popcenator (and anyone having issues) make sure to email and hit up Google via social media to let them know your displeasure with how they are handling this as well as possibly offer solutions (ie this is the one time they should be more like Apple when it comes to dealing with device issues). And definitely fill out the surveys with your issues. Now will this help with your situation now....not sure but with Google looking to move their Pixel line into a more profitable status they can not afford to keep ignoring customers about obvious issues. Such as phones that have legitimate issues and neither Google or the manufacturer wanting to handle it.

Below is their info if any of you were looking for it:
[email protected]
Made by Google (@madebygoogle) | Twitter